Irkutsk State Medical University (ISU)  is a Public university in Russia. It was established in October 1918. ISU facilities include eight educational institutions, 11 faculties, and the scientific library, one of Russia’s most prominent universities. All Indian candidates are ambitious to study for MBBS in Russia, and Studying in Russia is easy, cheap, and flexible. Irkutsk State Medical University has situated in Irkutsk, Russia; ISU offers bachelor’s, master’s, and post-graduate programs. Indians studying MBBS in Russia dates back to 1996 when medical aspirants from India first travelled to Russia to pursue their dreams.
Irkutsk State Medical University is a well-known Educational Institution that provides high-quality Medical Education for doing MBBS. Russia also offers great social life for students and gives them the much-required exposure to opportunities. Throughout the article, we will share all the essential details about Irkutsk State Medical University, like Courses, Facilities, Admission Process, Documents Required, Fee Structure, MBBS Syllabus, Eligibility Criteria, Ranking etc.
Subscribe to RM Group of Education Newsletter, Get Admission, Fees, Seats etc.
Table of Contents
- Irkutsk State Medical University Russia
- College Summary
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Documents Required
- Fee Structure
- MBBS Syllabus in Russia
- Ranking & Reputation
- Country Summary
- Advantages of Studying in Russia
- Disadvantages of Studying in Russia
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Irkutsk State Medical University Russia
Irkutsk State Medical University facilities include eight educational institutions, 11 faculties, and a scientific library, one of Russia’s largest University libraries. And it provides all International and local students of Russia with six years. The staff embrace would be best if you had 100+ doctors who teach medical subjects in the English language. The university employs about 3,000 teachers and staff.
Before we complete the college Summary, let us look at the essential details of Irkutsk State Medical University, Russia.
|Name of Institute||Irkutsk State Medical University Russia|
|Popular Name||Irkutsk State University Russia, Irkutsk State University Russia, Irkutsk Medical University Russia|
|Year of Establishment||1909|
|Language of Teaching||English and Russian language|
|Approved by||NMC & WHO-accredited|
|No. of Faculties||08|
|Affiliated||Ministry of Education and Science in Russia|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Russia|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Approved by: – NMC, WHO
- Aid Status: Public
- Affiliation: Ministry of Education and Science in Russia.
The Irkutsk State Medical University Student Support is provided to the students:
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
|Local Language Learning Classes||NMC Screening Test Help Centre|
The Irkutsk State Medical University Facilities are provided to the students who confirm their Irkutsk State Medical University Admission 2023:
Irkutsk State Medical University 2021 FMGE Passing Rate
Irkutsk State Medical University Courses offer quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. This College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs if you want more details about the MBBS course.
|MBBS||6 Years (English Medium)|
7 Years (Russian Medium)
Faculty & Staff
Irkutsk State Medical University employs about eight educational institutions, 08 faculties, and the scientific library, one of Russia’s largest University libraries. The college provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplifting the health care education and output delivery system for the country’s people.
If you want admission to Irkutsk State University, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). Russia has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you want to study in Russia, remember some points about admission for MBBS in Russia.
In this section, all the students check the eligibility Criteria of Irkutsk State University Russia.
|Age||You were at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
*No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Medium of Teaching||English, Russian|
|Duration of Course||6 Years (English Medium)|
7 Years (Russian Medium)
Before admission to Irkutsk Medical University Russia, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Russia.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Russian Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of Irkutsk State Medical University Tuition fees.
- HIV test documents.
In this section, all the MBBS Students get information about the fee structure 2023 of Irkutsk State Medical University Russia. Check all the relevant queries regarding fees following this page, Low fees for MBBS Colleges in Russia.
Irkutsk State Medical University MBBS Fees Structure
|Payment in USD (approx)||4000 USD|
Note: Mentioned fee is approximate in nature, and it will be subject to change.
MBBS Syllabus in Russia
Before applying for Irkutsk State Medical University Russia, please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of Russia’s top-ranked, NMC-approved medical universities. The structure and the pattern of MBBS in Russia are as follows: You can see MBBS Syllabus in Russia PDF.
Ranking & Reputation
The Irkutsk State Medical University Ranking all over Russia and Irkutsk State Medical University World Ranking all around the world are mentioned below:-
|Name of Institute||Irkutsk State Medical University|
Irkutsk State Medical University Russia Ranking 2023
According to 4icu.org, the following is the country and world ranking for Irkutsk State Medical University Russia :
|Country Rank||World Rank|
The Russian Federation is the largest of the 21 republic that makes up the Commonwealth of Independent States. It occupies most of Eastern Europe and North Asia, stretching from the Baltic Sea in the west to the Pacific Ocean in the east and from the Arctic Ocean in the north to the Black Sea and the Caucasus in the South.
|Language||Russian is one of the six official languages of the UN. Russian is the one and only official state language. Other languages spoken in Russia are Tatar, Ukrainian and Bashkir etc.|
|Climate||Warm to hot in dry summers and (very) cold winters with temperatures of -30°C and lower|
|Time Zone||UTC+2 to +12|
|Currency||Russian ruble (₽) (RUB)|
|Religion||47.4% Christianity, 41% Russian Orthodoxy, 6.4% Other Christian, 38.2% No religion, 6.5% of Islam, 2.4% Others & 5.5% unanswered|
About Irkutsk City
- Irkutsk is the largest city and administrative centre of Irkutsk Oblast, Russia.
- Irkutsk has a population of 617,473 as of the 2010 Census; Irkutsk is the 25th largest city in Russia, the 5th largest in the Siberian Federal District, and one of the largest cities in Siberia.
- In Irkutsk, the summers are comfortable, the winters are frigid and snowy, and it is partly cloudy year round. Over the year, the temperature typically varies from -12°F to 75°F and is rarely below -30°F or above 85°F.
Advantages of Studying in Russia
Ivanovo State Medical Academy Russia Has become a famous MBBS study-abroad Location for Indian students. Russia is the Country with the second-highest number of Indian students studying medical. There is a whole range of reasons why MBBS is in Russian. Advantages and Disadvantages of studying in Russia:-
- The tuition Fee is very affordable compared to Indian Medical Colleges
- Russian Universities have the best and Easy Admission Procedure
- They are Providing world-class infrastructure with modern facilities in colleges
- International Exposure for those who are also from Different country backgrounds
- V.I. Vernadsky Crimean Federal University works with great professionals, doctors and researchers; that’s why Indian students will be admitted to Russia.
Disadvantages of Studying in Russia
Irkutsk State Medical University Russia also has some disadvantages. These points are mentioned below.
- Local language going to any foreign country will mean that you must adjust according to the new country.
- Some students find it hard to adjust to the cold climate or weather of Russia. The temperature will be below 0 degrees for about 3 to 4 months.
- Cultural Hindrance is understandable that the student may find it difficult to adjust and adapt to the new country and culture.
Irkutsk State Medical University
Address: Ulitsa Krasnogo Vosstaniya, 1, Irkutsk,
Irkutsk Oblast, Russia, 664003
Phone: +91-9999709233 (For Indian Students)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the duration of the MBBS course at Irkutsk State Medical University?
The MBBS course at Irkutsk State Medical University is six years.
Is Irkutsk State Medical University an English medium?
The medium of instruction in the university a for all international students. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/ professors/ doctors for Indians.
Is Irkutsk Medical University a government university?
It is one of the top-ranked government universities in the Russian country.
Can I practise medicine in India?
Yes, you can practice in your country after completing your course. You need to clear the NEXT exam for practising medicine in India.
What is the language of instruction at Irkutsk State Medical University?
English is a commonly taught language at Irkutsk State Medical University.
Where is Irkutsk State Medical University Located?
Irkutsk State Medical University Address is Ulitsa Krasnogo Vosstaniya, 1, Irkutsk,
Irkutsk Oblast, Russia, 664003.
Is Russia safe for Indian Students?
MBBS in Russia is fully safe; a lot of students from India are going to Russia to study MBBS
How to do MBBS in Russia?
Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English for eligibility for MBBS in Russia.
- Irkutsk State Medical University, Official website
- About Russia, Wikipedia
- World Health Organization (WHO), Official website
- National Medical Commission (NMC), Official website
- Ministry of Education Science Russia, Wikipedia
- Russian Ruble (RUB), European Central Bank