JSC South Kazakhstan Medical Academy Shymkent was founded in the year of 1979. It is a government research university located in Shymkent in, Kazakhstan. The University is also known as SKMA Kazakhstan or South Kazakhstan Medical University. SKMA Kazakhstan has some of the best faculty and is on a mission to provide a friendly environment to all its students, local or international. South Kazakh Medical University is one of the Best Medical Colleges in Kazakhstan. MBBS In Kazakhstan is the best option for Students.
South Kazakhstan Medical Academy infrastructure is modern and well-equipped, Providing students with state-of-the-art facilities to enhance their learning experience. SKMA College has well-equipped laboratories, research centres, simulation centres, and a library with a vast collection of medical literature and resources. These resources facilitate hands-on training and research and encourage academic growth. If you are thinking of pursuing MBBS in Kazakhstan, here are some important things you need to know.
Table of Contents
- College Summary
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure for Indian Students
- Why study MBBS at South Kazakhstan Medical Academy?
- Eligibility Criteria for Admission
- South Kazakhstan Medical Academy Fee Structure
- Ranking & Reputation
- About Kazakhstan
- Advantages of Studying in Kazakhstan
- Disadvantages of Studying in Kazakhstan
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of South Kazakh Medical University.
|Name of Institute||JSC South Kazakhstan Medical Academy|
|Popular Name||SKMA Kazakhstan, South Kazakhstan Medical Academy|
|Year of Establishment||1979|
|Language of Teaching||English, Kazakh|
|Approved By||National Medical Commission (NMC), World Health Organization (WHO)|
|SKMA College Ranking||South Kazakhstan Medical Academy Official Website|
|South Kazakhstan Medical Academy official Website||http://skmakazakhstan.com/|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Kazakhstan|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Approved by: NMC, WHO
- Aid Status: Public
Shymkent State Medical University Kazakhstan offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. The College is famous for its medical programs (MBBS).
Courses Offered at JSC South Kazakhstan Medical Academy
The various faculties of medicine in which South Kazakh Medical University provides education to its students.
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||Six Years|
|Professional Development||Six Years|
Admission Procedure for Indian Students
If you want to be admitted to the SKMA Kazakhstan. This page contains information about the South Kazakhstan Medical Academy admission 2023. You must be eligible to take the National Eligibility Entrance Exam.
Why study MBBS at South Kazakhstan Medical Academy?
- General medicine, dentistry or pharmacy is preferred by international students as their choice of study.
- South Kazakhstan University has the best and most adequate academic infrastructure to ensure that the students get the
- There are tens of thousands of books in the university’s library on different subjects. Thus this will help students during their medical course; the library is excellent.
- No entrance exam for admission to the Academy
- South Kazakhstan Medical Academy MBBS Fees are relatively not as expensive as other medical institutes.
- Low-cost tuition fees and affordable living costs.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
Kazakhstan has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you, too, want to Study MBBS at SKMA Kazakhstan, check the eligibility below.
|Age||Your age should be at least 17 on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
*No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Duration of Course||6 Years|
South Kazakhstan Medical Academy Fee Structure
The section contains information about the South Kazakhstan State Medical University fee structure for the Indian students. South Kazakhstan Medical Academy fee structure for the undergraduate medical course and South Kazakhstan Medical Academy hostel fee are mentioned below.
1st year South Kazakhstan Medical Academy fee structure
|Year||Tuition Fee||Hostel fee||Total|
|1st Year (USD)||5,400 USD||800 USD||6,200 USD|
|1st Year (INR)||4,48,200 INR||66,400 INR||5,14,600 INR|
2nd/3rd/4th and 6th Year Fees
|Year||Tuition Fee (USD)||Tuition Fee (INR)||Hostel fee (USD)||Hostel fee (INR)||Total fee (USD)||Total fee (INR)|
|2nd years||4,200 USD||3,48,600 INR||800 USD||66,400 INR||5,000 USD||4,15,000 INR|
|3rd years||4,200 USD||3,48,600 INR||800 USD||66,400 INR||5,000 USD||4,15,000 INR|
|4th years||4,200 USD||3,48,600 INR||800 USD||66,400 INR||5,000 USD||4,15,000 INR|
|5th years||4,200 USD||3,48,600 INR||800 USD||66,400 INR||5,000 USD||4,15,000 INR|
|6th years||4,200 USD||3,48,600 INR||800 USD||66,400 INR||5,000 USD||4,15,000 INR|
Note: 1 USD = 83 INR. The mentioned fee is approximate and will be subject to change.
Ranking & Reputation
In this section, we will tell you about the South Kazakhstan Medical Academy ranking and reputation in Nepal and throughout the world.
|Name of Institute||South Kazakhstan Medical Academy|
|South Kazakhstan Medical Academy World Ranking||Country Rank: 20|
World Rank: 6604
South Kazakhstan Medical Academy World Ranking 2023
The South Kazakhstan Medical Academy ranking in the following countries and throughout the world:
|Country Rank||South Kazakhstan Medical Academy World Ranking|
Kazakhstan, a Central Asian country and former Soviet republic, extends from the Caspian Sea west to the Altai Mountains at its eastern border with China and Russia. Its largest metropolis, Almaty, is a long-standing trading hub whose landmarks include Ascension Cathedral, a tsarist-era Russian Orthodox church, and the Central State Museum of Kazakhstan, displaying thousands of Kazakh artefacts.
|Area||2,724,900 km2 (1,052,100 sq mi)|
|Climate||Kazakhstan experiences an extreme continental climate, with long, hot summers and cold winters. Winter in the north of the country is long and cold – in some years, the temperatures reach – 52°C (Nur-Sultan), but there are also thawed up to 5°C.|
|Time Zone||UTC+5 / +6 (West / East)|
|Currency||KZT – Kazakhstani Tenge|
|Religion||Christianity, Islam etc.|
About Shymkent City
- In the valley of the Sayram River, Shymkent City is located at the foothills of the Ugam range. The city has a population of nearly 6,47,000 and is a populated city.
- According to the area, it is the third-largest city in Kazakhstan. It connects to other important cities as it has the main railway junction.
- For tourists, it is an excellent place to visit and explore. The city has a famous bazaar, a popular destination for people to shop. There are many notable parks in the city for children and adults. Thus, tourists can arrange tours like historical places, mountain tourism, hunting and fishing etc.
Advantages of Studying in Kazakhstan
SKMA Medical College, you need to know that pursuing an MBBS in Kazakhstan is a good option for Indian students in medical universities. Various Advantages of Studying in Kazakhstan Points are mentioned below.
- An education system focused on imparting both theoretical and practical skills.
- Affordable tuition fees and living expenses
- The organization works with great professionals, doctors, and researchers, which is why Indian students will be admitted to Kazakhstan.
- Excellent weather conditions for students
- MBBS Kazakhstan Fees are relatively not as expensive as other medical institutes.
- Medical universities in Kazakhstan have low tuition fees
Disadvantages of Studying in Kazakhstan
The SKMA Kazakhstan various Disadvantages of Studying in Kazakhstan Points are mentioned below.
- As Kazakh is the local language in Kazakhstan, therefore, students might feel the tongue is a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra effort into learning the Kazakh Language after the class hour.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties. Because it requires a lot of self-study and concentration.
JSC South Kazakhstan Medical Academy
Address: The Republic of Kazakhstan, South Kazakhstan region, 160019, Shymkent, Al-Farabi square, 1.
Phone: +91-9999709233 (For Indian Students)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is a medical degree from South Kazakh Medical Academy valid in India?
Yes, the medical degree from Shymkent State Medical University is valid in India as the National Medical Commission approved.
Is veg food available at the University?
Yes, South Kazakh Medical Academy mess and restaurants in the city provide veg and Indian food.
Can I complete my MBBS from South Kazakh Medical University and practice in India?
Students must pass the NMC screening test in India after completing their degree from South Kazakh State Medical University to get a license to practice medicine in India.
Where is JSC South Kazakhstan Medical Academy located?
The location of South Kazakhstan Medical Academy is Al-Farabi Square 1, Shymkent 160001, Kazakhstan.
Are there any Indian students Admission to SKMA Kazakhstan?
Every year, many Indian students get admission to South Kazakhstan Medical University.
South Kazakhstan Medical Academy is a private or government
South Kazakhstan Medical Academy is a government University.
Is the medium of instruction English?
Yes, the medium of instruction for the undergraduate program at SKMA Kazakhstan is English.
Are international students eligible to apply to SKMA Medical College?
Yes, South Kazakhstan Medical University welcomes international students and offers admission opportunities to candidates from around the world.
South Kazakhstan Medical Academy in which city?
SKMA Kazakhstan is situated in the city of Shymkent.
- JSC South Kazakhstan Medical Academy Shymkent, Edufever
- National Medical Commission (NMC) Official website
- World Health Organization (WHO), Official website
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_dollar, USD Wikipedia