Lakshadweep NEET PG Counselling 2023 is the state centralized Online counselling process. A Candidate can apply to MD/MS courses in various Government/Private Medical Colleges affiliated with the State Medical University of Lakshadweep. Interested candidates must qualify for the NEET PG exam 2023 before applying for the counselling process. According to the minimum marks secured by the candidates in the NEET PG exam, they will get selected for the Counselling process and gain admission to their preferred Best medical colleges in Lakshadweep.
This article will provide all the details regarding Lakshadweep NEET PG Counselling 2023, including important dates, the registration process, eligibility criteria, documents required, and seat reservations.
Table of Contents
- Quick Facts
- Lakshadeep NEET PG 2023 Counselling Dates
- Important Command by MCC
- Lakshadweep NEET PG Counselling 2023
- Important Instructions
- NEET PG 2023 Cutoff
- Documents Required
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Hello Candidates, here are the quick facts for you. This will help you get a brief overview of the Lakshadeep NEET PG Counselling 2023. Just go through this section, and you will gain clarity in your understanding:
|Name of Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (PG) or NEET PG|
|Conducted by||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|NEET PG 2023 Exam Date||04 March 2023|
|NEET PG Result||14 March 2023|
|MCC AIQ NEET PG 2023 Counselling Starting Date||To be announced|
|Lakshadeep NEET PG Counselling Starting Date||To be announced|
|Lakshadeep NEET PG Conducting Authority||Department of Education, Lakshadweep|
|Level of NEET Examination||National-level|
|Medical Institutes Exempted From NEET||NEET PG|
Lakshadeep NEET PG 2023 Counselling Dates
In this section, the candidate will get all the important dates regarding the Lakshadeep NEET PG Counselling 2023. Therefore, all the candidates are requested to check the below.
|NEET PG exam||March 5, 2023|
|Commencement of online application form||To be announced|
|Last date of submission||To be announced|
|Last date for receipt of filled-in online|
|To be announced|
|Choice Filling / Locking||To be announced|
|Result for round 1||To be announced|
|The download of the provisional allotment order||To be announced|
|Last date of reporting||To be announced|
Important Command by MCC
In this section, the candidates will learn about the Important command of MCC. The authority will conduct counselling for the following Institutions/Universities:
- 50% All India Quota seats of all states except J&K.
- 100% seats (All India Quota seats + Institutional Quota seats) of Central Universities (Aligarh Muslim University/ Banaras Hindu University/ University of Delhi/ Central Institutes as per eligibility conditions mentioned in Important Questions related to Scheme of Counselling duly uploaded on the MCC website.
- 100% seats of Deemed Universities.
- 50% AIQ P.G seats of colleges under Employee State Insurance Corporation (wards of ESIC insured persons).
- All P.G. seats of Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions(only Registration part).
- Central Institutes, VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital, ABVIMS & RML Hospital and ESIC Institute, PGIMSR, Basaidarapur (50% All India Quota seats and 50% seats of I.P University).
Lakshadweep NEET PG Counselling 2023
The MCC (Medical Council Committee) conducts the Lakshadweep NEET PG Counselling process. Counselling will be scheduled only for those students who have qualified for the NEET PG 2023. The counselling process is given below:
Step-1: Online Registration: To participate in the Lakshadweep NEET PG counselling procedure 2023, aspirants must register on the MCC Official website by entering their roll number and password.
Step-2: Choice Filling & Locking: Fill in and lock the choices according to colleges’ preferences. Based on the options filled, seat allotment will be done.
Step-3: Seat Allotment: The seat allotment process Based on the availability of seats, merit and preference entered, candidates will be allotted seats. However, mock allotment will be done twice before the actual seat allotment. It will help the aspirants know the seat allotment process and enable them to understand and choose better preferences for themselves in the final rounds.
Step-4: Payment of Fee & Seat Acceptance: Once the seat is allotted, candidates will have to choose any one of the following options:
- Freeze– If an aspirant is satisfied with the seat allotted and does not wish to participate in further rounds, they will choose this option.
- Float– If candidates need to keep the seat allotted and wish to upgrade their seat. They must follow this option.
- Slide– If an aspirant accepts the seat allotted and wishes to upgrade the course in the same institute, they must stick to this option.
- Withdraw– If aspirants have already accepted the seat, they can withdraw by reporting at the institute allotted before the last round of seat allotment.
Step-5: Seat Allocation Fee Payment: To confirm the seat, candidates must pay the fees through a Debit card/Credit card or Net Banking.
Step-6: Verification of Documents: The aspirants must go through the help centres’ document verification process.
Step-7: Reporting at the Allotted College/Institute: After the document verification, aspirants must report to the allotted institute/College, pay the institute’s balance fees, and confirm their admission.
The candidates must pay attention to this section, as all the necessary instructions given by the counselling authority are mentioned below in brief detail. The candidates are requested to read the details carefully and thoroughly:
- There are three rounds of counselling for Deemed and Central Universities, followed by one Final Mop Up round at the Institution Level for stray vacancies.
- From 2018, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana students are eligible for All India Quota Counselling.
- Candidates who those not registered in Round 1 only can register for Round 2.
- If candidates apply for AIQ and Deemed University, they must pay only the higher fee, i.e., Deemed University Rs. 5000.
- In case a seat is allotted during Round 1. Candidates are required to join the allotted institution/college and complete the admission formalities, and then, the only candidate can exercise an option to participate in the next round (2nd Round).
- If there is a discrepancy in spelling in documents, the candidate must prove that the records belong to the same person in the form of an affidavit/undertaking.
NEET PG 2023 Cutoff
By the minimum qualifying/eligibility criteria for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma course, as mentioned in the Information Bulletin for NEET-PG 2023, the cut-off scores for various categories are as follows:-
|Category||Minimum Qualifying/Eligibility Criteria||Cut-off (Out of 800)|
|General / EWS||50th percentile||291|
|SC/ST/ OBC (Including PwBD of SC/ST/OBC)||40th percentile||257|
Below documents mentioned are mandatory for candidates applying for the Lakshadeep NEET PG Counselling 2023. The candidates are requested to collect all the documents before applying for the counselling process.
- Admit card
- NEET PG 2023 Rank Latter
- Date of birth Certificate (if applicable)
- Category Certificate
- 10th & 12th mark sheet and passing certificate
- Qualifying Degree Mark sheet (MBBS/BDS)
- MBBS/BDS Degree Certificate/Provisional Certificate.
- Internship Certificate
- Category Certificate (If applicable)
- Identity Proof
- Permanent/Provisional Registration Certificate provided by NMC or State Medical Council.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Lakshadweep conducting the NEET PG Counselling offline mode?
No, Lakshadweep is conducting the NEET PG counselling only online mode.
Who is Conducting the body of the NEET PG Entrance exam?
National Board of Examinations (NBE)
What is the Counselling Fee of NEET PG AIQ Quota?
Counselling fee- Rs. 1000 (For AIQ /Central University UR candidates) & Rs. 500 (For SC/ST/OBC/PH) and Rs. 5000 (For Deemed University candidates).
How many NEET PG seats are there in all of India?
Around 45,337 seats are available in NEET PG.
How many seats are available for AIQ quota students?
50% of the seat is reserved for AIQ quota students.
Who conducts the Lakshadweep NEET PG Counselling 2023?
Medical counselling Committee(MCC)
What is the registration process for Lakshadweep NEET PG Counselling 2023?
The registration process for Lakshadweep NEET PG Counselling 2023 will be conducted online. Candidates must register on the official website of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) and fill in their personal and academic details. Candidates must also upload their NEET PG 2023 scorecard and other required documents.