Melmaruvathur Adiparasakthi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research is one of the prestigious medical institutes founded in 2008. Melmaruvathur Medical College Kanchipuram, most popularly known as MAPIMS Kanchipuram, aims to provide quality education and excellent infrastructure.
This article will provide you with detailed information about Melmaruvathur Medical College Fees Structure and Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available, and a complete college review.
Table of Contents
- Melmaruvathur Adiparasakthi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Kanchipuram
- Courses Offered
- Admission Process
- Fee Structure
- NEET PG 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
- Tamil Nadu NEET 2022 Counselling
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Melmaruvathur Adiparasakthi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Kanchipuram
The College is affiliated with The Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R. Medical University, Guindy, Chennai and recognised by the N.M.C.
|Name of Institute||Melmaruvathur Adiparasakthi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Kanchipuram|
|Popular Name||Melmaruvathur Medical College Kanchipuram, MAPIMS Kanchipuram|
|Year of Establishment||2008|
|Affiliated||The Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R. Medical University Chennai|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
Affiliated with:- The Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R. Medical University Chennai
Approved by:- N.M.C.
Aid Status:- Private
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||–|
MAI Medical College Melmaruvathur Kanchipuram offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure.
MAPIMS Kanchipuram provides quality education and offers the following U.G. course.
|MBBS||4.5 + 1 year Internship|
|MS – Otorhinolaryngology||3 years|
|MD – General Medicine||3 years|
|MD – Community Medicine||3 years|
|MD – Paediatrics||3 years|
|MS – General Surgery||3 years|
|MD – Microbiology||3 years|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||3 years|
|MS – Orthopaedics||3 years|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 years|
|MD – Pathology||3 years|
|MD – Physiology||3 years|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||3 years|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||3 years|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3 years|
|MD – Pharmacology||3 years|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||3 years|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||3 years|
MD/MS Intake Capacity
|MS – Otorhinolaryngology||2|
|MD – General Medicine||3|
|MD – Community Medicine||2|
|MD – Paediatrics||3|
|MS – General Surgery||5|
|MD – Microbiology||3|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||2|
|MS – Orthopaedics||3|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||4|
|MD – Pathology||3|
|MD – Physiology||3|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||3|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||3|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3|
|MD – Pharmacology||4|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||4|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||3|
Here in this selection, we will let you know about the Melmaruvathur Adiparasakthi Institute of Medical Science MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, O.P.D.s to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
Coimbatore Medical College they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty at Melmaruvathur Adiparasakthi Institute of Medical Science. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning for the students. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below is the Admission procedure for the compulsory courses which come under MAPIMS Kanchipuram. The candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
|Admission Process||For UG Courses: NEET UG |
For PG Courses: NEET PG
|Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2022||For UG Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET PG Counselling
Here we describe the Fee structure of MAPIMS Kanchipuram for the U.G. course.
|Course||Govt. Quota Fee||Manag. Quota Fee||N.R.I. Quota Fee||N.R.I. Lapsed|
Note:- In addition to the above fees, the Institute is permitted to collect Rs. 25,000/- per student as Development Fee.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40th percentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least the 50th percentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Category-wise NEET Marks 2021
Melmaruvathur Adiparasakthi Institute of Medical Science General Cutoff
|Round||2020 Cut-off by rank|
Melmaruvathur Adiparasakthi Institute of Medical Science OBC Cutoff
|Round||2020 Cut-off by rank|
Melmaruvathur Adiparasakthi Institute of Medical Science SC Cutoff
|Round||2020 Cut-off by rank|
Melmaruvathur Adiparasakthi Institute of Medical Science ST Cutoff
|Round||2020 Cut-off by rank|
Melmaruvathur Adiparasakthi Institute of Medical Science PWD Cutoff
|Round||2020 Cut-off by rank|
NEET PG 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
|Categories||NEET PG 2022 minimum qualifying or eligibility criteria||NEET PG 2022 Cutoff score (out of 800)|
|General / EWS||50th||275|
|SC / ST/ OBC|
(including PWD of SC/ST/OBC)
NEET PG Cutoff 2021
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
|Category||Cutoff percentile||Cutoff marks|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||302|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||283|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||265|
Tamil Nadu NEET 2022 Counselling
A candidate can visit the Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of Tamil Nadu, To get themselves for NEET 2022 Tamil Nadu State Counselling. For more information on Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
First Phase of TN MBBS & BDS Counselling Procedure:
- The candidates should pay a non-refundable amount of Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only) towards the Processing Fee by means of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10” payable at Chennai on the scheduled date of counselling.
- The candidates can download the call letter and appear in person with all the original certificates to the venue per the schedule.
- The candidates who have selected the seats in the first phase of counselling after certificate verification should receive the provisional allotment order. The candidates should join the course on or before the date mentioned in the temporary allotment order.
- The candidates who have been allotted seats and failed to join the course within the stipulated time are not eligible to attend the subsequent phases of counselling for the academic year 2022-2023. This applies to all stages of counselling
- The candidates who failed to appear in person for the first phase of counselling are deemed to have opted out of the counselling processes and will not be allowed to participate in the subsequent counselling steps for the academic year 2022 or 2023.
Second Phase of Tamil Nadu MBBS & BDS Counselling Procedure:
When a candidate is scheduled to attend the second phase of counselling, then the candidate has to pay the processing fee of Rs.500/-. The candidates who are waitlisted/allotted need not pay the processing fee. The candidates who wish to retain the college taken in the first phase of counselling need not participate in second or mop-up round counselling.
- The candidates can download the call letter and attend the counselling.
- Re-allotment / allotment for the vacancies arising due to not joining the candidates allotted under State Quota and the unfilled seats from the All India Quota in Government Medical Colleges and newly created seats, if any will be done based on the rank following the rule of reservation.
- During the second phase of counselling, candidates will be permitted to opt for the course/college as per rank and by following the rule of reservation from General rank one.
- The candidates who failed to appear in person for the second phase of counselling are deemed to have opted out of the processes of counselling and/she will not be allowed to participate in the subsequent phases of counselling for the academic year 2022-2023.
- The candidates who have selected the seats in the second phase of counselling after certificate verification should receive the provisional allotment order. The candidates should join the course on or before the date mentioned in the provisional allotment order.
- If a candidate fails to join the College within the stipulated time, they will not be permitted to participate in the subsequent phases of counselling.
For aspirants who are applying to P.G. courses offered by MAPIMS Kanchipuram, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this College will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||MAPIMS Kanchipuram|
Melmaruvathur Adiparasakthi Institute of Medical Science
Address: Melmaruvathur, Kanchipuram
District Tamilnadu, India
Official Website: http://mapims.org/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for medical science aspirants in Melmaruvathur Adiparasakthi Institute of Medical Science?
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants a Melmaruvathur Adiparasakthi Institute of Medical Sciences 150
Q. What are the courses offered in this College?
Ans. The Course offered in this College is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
Q. Does Melmaruvathur Adiparasakthi Institute of Medical Science have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, this College does provide a hostel facility for both males and females.
Q. Do Melmaruvathur Adiparasakthi Institute of Medical Science provide internships?
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your Course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend during this period.
Q. Can I know the exact location of the Melmaruvathur Adiparasakthi Institute of Medical Science?
Ans. Melmaruvathur Adiparasakthi Institute of Medical Science Melmaruvathur, Kanchipuram District Tamilnadu, India
Q. How Many marks need in NEET 2021 for MAPIMS Kanchipuram?
Looking to this year’s completion and cutoff analysis, anything around 450+ will help you to get Pvt Medical College in the state.
Q. Why do the Tuition Fees of MAPIMS Kanchipuram so much?
The fees of government medical colleges are the lowest compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fee structure of MAPIMS Kanchipuram, then the average fees include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine at MAPIMS Kanchipuram.