Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad is one of the oldest medical colleges in Maharashtra, founded in 1984. KIMS Karad “Deemed To Be University” Karad is located in Western Maharashtra, India, against mountains and valleys. The green, eco-friendly campus is spread over 57 acres and is well connected by rail, road & air.
Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad offers numerous scholarships and placement opportunities. Suppose you are searching the detailed information about the colleges. In that case, you are in the right place; here, we provide information like Fee Structure 2022, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut off, Facilities available, Counselling, Eligibility etc.
Table of Contents
- Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Fee Structure
- NEET PG Cutoff
- Maharashtra NEET Counselling 2022
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad
Krishna University is accredited by NAAC ‘A’ grade and conferred with ISO 9001: 2015 certification. The constituent faculties of the University include Medical, Dental, Physiotherapy, Nursing, Pharmacy and Biotechnology, offering undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the respective faculties. It also runs PhD programs and Post Doctoral Fellowships in various subjects.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of Krishna Medical College Karad.
|Name of Institute||Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad|
|Popular Name||KIMS Karad, Krishna Medical College Karad|
|Year of Establishment||1984|
|Affiliated with||Deemed to be University|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, PhD, MD & MS|
|All India Ranking||42|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Total Beds Available||1125|
|Category||Medical College in Maharashtra|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Deemed to be University
- Approved by: NMC
- Aid Status: Deemed
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
The 55 acres of campus has modern and enhanced facilities & infrastructure. Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences facilities list includes a library, separate hostels for boys and girls, two modern gyms, a canteen, auditorium etc. This section shows you all the Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad Facilities provided to the students who have confirmed their college admission:-
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||–|
Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad offers quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. MBBS and postgraduate degree/ diploma courses in clinical and basic sciences in 17 disciplines are recognized by NMC. It also admits international students from all over the globe for undergraduate studies. Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences course list consists of 1 diploma, 9 UG, 54 PG and 13 doctoral studies. The varsity offers all its courses in full-time mode.
KIMS Karad provides the following UG course, and the duration of the MBBS course ranges from 2 years to 5.5 years, including an internship.
|MBBS||4.6+1 year Internship|
Below have Mentioned UG Intake Capacity of KIMS Karad.
KIMS Karad provides the following PG courses in various MD/MS streams like General Surgery, Orthopedics, General Medicine, Radiology etc.
|MS General Surgery||3 Years|
|MS Orthopedics||3 Years|
|MD General Medicine||3 Years|
|MD Pediatrics||3 Years|
|MS Obs./Gyn.||3 Years|
|MD Radiology||3 Years|
|MD Anesthesia||3 Years|
|MS ENT||3 Years|
|MS Ophthalmology||3 Years|
|MD Dermatology||3 Years|
|MD Pharmacology||3 Years|
|MD Microbiology||3 Years|
|MD Community Medicine (PSM)||3 Years|
|MD Pathology||3 Years|
|MD Anatomy||3 Years|
|MD Physiology||3 Years|
|MD Biochemistry||3 Years|
PG Intake Capacity
We have provided Medical College Karad is MD/MS seats mentioned below.
|MS General Surgery||10|
|MD General Medicine||13|
|MD Community Medicine (PSM)||2|
Hey guys, you do not know about the Medical College Karad. We inform you this college provides a PhD Course. We have mentioned the table below.
|2.||PhD Community Medicine|
|8.||PhD Child Health Nursing|
|9.||PhD Community Health Nursing|
|10.||PhD Obstetrics & Gynecology Nursing|
|11.||PhD Medical-Surgical Nursing|
We will let you know about the Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad MBBS Syllabus here in this selection. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
Students interested in pursuing MBBS from Krishna Medical College Karad are informed about the subjects for which doing an internship is necessarily mentioned below:-
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also offers sufficient non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at KIMS Karad is based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this college, then these valuable resources about KIMS Karad will help you research the college properly.
|Admission Procedure||UG Course- NEET UG |
PG Courses: NEET PG
|Maharashtra NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Maharashtra NEET UG Counselling|
For PG Courses: Maharashtra NEET PG Counselling
Here in this section, w are providing detailed information about the Krishna institute of medical sciences Karad Fees Structure MBBS or MD/MS courses fee structure in Indian Currency; candidates can check the KIMS Karad Tuition fee, caution money, NRI quota fee, minority quota fees, hostel fee etc. Let’s have a look.
Here, we have mentioned the fees regarding the KIMS Medical College Fee structure for the Under Graduation Course.
|Annual Fees for Candidates||General Quota||NRI Quota|
|Consolidated Amount to be paid at the time of Admission||Rs. 22,50,000/-(Tuition Fees shall increase by 7% every year)||$ 50000|
|Eligibility fees (One time)||Rs 1,00,000/-||Rs 1,00,000/-|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||Rs 50,000/-||Rs 50,000/-|
Here in this section, w are providing detailed information about the Krishna institute of medical sciences Karad Hostel Fees Structure in Indian Currency.
|Particular||Fee (in INR)|
|Annual Hostel Dues||Hostel Fees – Rs 70,000/- |
Hostel Deposit (Refundable) – 25,000/-
We have provided Karad Medical College is providing Post Graduation course Fee structure mentioned below.
|Course||Fees for General Category (85% of total seats)|
|General Surgery||Rs. 24,00,000/-|
The College Cut-off is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. The merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
KIMS Karad MBBS 2019 Cut off
The College Cut-off is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. The merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses. Here in this section, we provide the Krishna Institute of Medical Science Karad MBBS 2020 Cutoff, 2019, Cutoff etc.
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
NEET PG Cut off 2022 (OUT)
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
NEET PG 2021 Cutoff (Released)
|Categories||Cutoff Percentile||Cutoff Marks|
Maharashtra NEET Counselling 2022
A candidate can visit the Directorate of Medical Education and Research, Maharashtra’s official portal, to get themselves registered for Maharashtra State MBBS & BDS Counselling 2022. But, first, let’s speak about the counselling procedure for Maharashtra NEET 2022. Below we have mentioned step by step process of counselling. For more information on NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
- Registration Process: Applicants have to register online for the counselling process and fill in all the required details in the form carefully.
- Provisional Merit List: After the successful completion of the registration process, a merit list will be prepared.
- Document Verification Process: Shortlisted applicants will be able to proceed with the document verification process; you have to choose any one centre for document verification at the time of registration.
- Choice Filling Process: Applicants can fill in their choices/preferences through online mode.
- Seat Allotment: Applicants will be selected based on merit, preferences filled by them and availability of seats.
- Reporting Process: As per the seat allotment, you must report to the allotted college and carry their original documents and their photocopies to the allotted college on the prescribed date and time.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report the following documents to complete the formalities.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Karad, has secured 42nd rank in the Medical category in NIRF 2021 Ranking. As per the official website, the mission of KIMS Karad is to develop competent and compassionate professionals with sound knowledge and excellent skill. The institute has secured the 38th rank in the Dental category in NIRF 2021 Ranking.
|Name of Institute||KIMS Medical College Karad, Karad Medical College|
|All India Ranking||42|
Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad
Location: NH4, Pune – Bangalore Highway, Dist.Satara, Agashivnagar
Malkapur, Maharashtra, PIN Code: 415539
Official Website: http://www.kimskarad.in/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How many seats are there for medical science aspirants in KIMS Karad?
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants in KIMS Karad is 250.
Q. What are the courses offered in this college?
Ans. The course offered in this college is Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), and PG Diploma Courses.
Q. Does KIMS Karad have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, this college does provide hostel facilities for both males and females.
Q. Do KIMS Karad provide internships?
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend during this period.
Q. Can I know the exact location of KIMS Karad?
Ans. KIMS Karad is located at NH4, Pune – Bangalore Highway, Dist. Satara, Agashivnagar, Malkapur, Maharashtra.
Q. Does Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad have any Bond?
A. Most of the medical colleges in India issue a complimentary bond for their medical students. It ensures a guarantee from the medical aspirants that they won’t leave medical college until completing the course. This college also offers Bond for their students.
Q. Is Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad affiliated with the National Medical Commission?
A. All the medical colleges in the state of India are affiliated and approved by the National Medical Council of India (previously known as the Medical Council of India)
Q. Is a degree from Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad Valid?
A. Yes. of course. Studying MBBS from KIMS Karad will make you a Doctor and provide you with a degree of MBBS after completing the course. After your course completion, you have to clear the NEXT exam to practice medicines in India.
Q. Why do the Tuition Fees of KIMS Karad so much?
A. The fees of government medical colleges are the lowest compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fee structure of Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad, the average fees include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine at KIMS Karad.