Manipur University Imphal was established under the Manipur University Act 8 of 1980, located in Imphal, Manipur, India. The University is popularly known as Manipur University Imphal. It was converted into a Central University on October 10, 2005. The University has teaching cum affiliating authority over the entire Manipur. It is affiliated with University Grants Commission (UGC) and NAAC.
In the article, we will share all the essential details about Manipur University Imphal like Facilities, Courses, Admission Guidance, Fee Structure, How to Apply, Eligibility, Cutoff, Result, Counselling, Contact Details etc.
Manipur University Imphal
The Manipur University Imphal offers quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs.
Table of Contents
- Manipur University Imphal
- Course Offered
- Admission Process
- Fee Structure
- NEET PG Cutoff
- Manipur NEET 2022 Counselling
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the major details of Manipur University Imphal.
|Name of Institute||Manipur University Imphal|
|Popular Name||MU Imphal|
|Location||Imphal, Manipur, India|
|Year of Establishment||1980|
|Affiliated to||UGC and NAAC|
|Category||Medical College in Manipur|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated by: UGC, NAAC
- Aid Status: Govt.
- Environment: Ragging-free
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Library||Community Health Centre|
|24 Hour HI.C.U.sLine||I.C.U.s Super Speciality Centre|
|Blood Bank||Diagnostic Services|
|Accident & Emergency Department||OPD-Indoor Services|
Before we have discussed the courses offered in Manipur University Imphal.
Here this selection, we will let you about the Manipur University Imphal MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postinO.P.D.snwards, O.P.D.s to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(AE.N.T.siology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of the Manipur University Imphal Sciences Imphal, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various programs at Manipur University Imphal is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this College, then these Useful Resources about Manipur University Imphal (MU Imphal) will help you do proper research about the College.
|Admission Procedure||U.G. Course- NEET UG |
PG Course- NEET PG
|Manipur NEET 2022 Counselling||For U.G. Courses– Manipur NEET U.G. Counselling|
For P.G. Courses- Manipur NEET PG Counselling
The Manipur University Imphal fee structure for various courses is affordable and is mentioned below.
|Courses||Fees (Per Year)|
Note: The fee structure may be subject to change.
The College Cut-off is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
NEET PG Cut off 2022 (OUT)
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
NEET PG 2021 Cutoff (Released)
|Categories||Cutoff Percentile||Cutoff Marks|
Manipur NEET 2022 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Directorate of Medical Education and Research, Manipur, to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 Manipur State Counselling. For more information on Manipur NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidates’ choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat at this College will be asked to report the following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of the Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of West Bengal Medical Counselling Committee (WBMCC).
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Manipur University Imphal|
Manipur University Imphal
Address: Opposite of Govt. Polytechnique College Khandwa – Mundi Road Anand Nagar, Near, Love Kush Nagar, Khandwa, Madhya Pradesh 450001
Email Id: info manipuruniv.ac.in
Official Website: http://www.manipuruniv.ac.in/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for medical science aspirants in the Manipur University Imphal?
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants in the Manipur University Imphal is 125.
Q. What are the courses offered in this College?
Ans. The course offered in this College is Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), MD & MS.
Q. Does Manipur University Imphal have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, this College does provide a hostel facility for both males and females.
Q. Do Manipur University Imphal provide internships?
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your course, you’ll have you as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend in this period.
Q. Can I know the exact location of the Manipur University Imphal?
Ans. Manipur University Imphal is Opposite of Govt. Polytechnique College Khandwa – Mundi Road Anand Nagar, Near, Love Kush Nagar, Khandwa, Madhya Pradesh 450001
Q. Is a degree from Manipur University Imphal is Valid?
Ans. Yes. Of course. Studying MBBS from Manipur University Imphal will make you a Doctor and will provide you with a degree of MBBS after the completion of the course. You have to clear the NEXT exam after your course completion to practice medicines in India.
Q. How Many marks need in NEET 2022 for Manipur University Imphal?
Ans. Looking to this year’s completion and cutoff analysis, anything around 450+will help you to get Pvt Medical College in the state.
Q. Why do the Tuition Fees of Manipur University Imphal so much?
Ans. The fees of government medical colleges are the lowest as compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fees structure of Manipur University Imphal, then the average fees include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine from Manipur University Imphal.