Midnapore Medical College is situated in Midnapore (West Bengal). Earlier, MMC college was known as Midnapur Sadar Hospital, but to provide medical knowledge to the young generation, the Government of West Bengal changed its name. Midnapore Medical College and Hospital Midnapore is one of the Government autonomous bodies established in 2001. The College is popularly known as MMCH Midnapore.
This article will provide you with detailed information about Midnapore Medical College Midnapore Fees Structure; Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available, and complete college review.
Subscribe to RM Group of Education Newsletter, Get Admission, Fees, Seats etc.
Table of Contents
- Midnapore Medical College and Hospital Midnapore
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Fee Structure
- NEET PG Cutoff
- West Benagl NEET 2022 Counselling Process
- Documents Required
- Ranking & Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Midnapore Medical College and Hospital Midnapore
Midnapore Medical College and Hospital Midnapore are the most premium colleges that provide UG and PG courses.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the major details of MMC Midnapore.
|Name of Institute||Midnapore Medical College and Hospital Midnapore|
|Popular Name||MMCH Midnapore|
|Location||Midnapore, West Bengal|
|Year of Establishment||2001|
|Affiliated to||West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, MD, MS|
|Hostel Facility||Yes(Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in West Bengal|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC)
- Aid Status: Government
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||Dental Hospital|
Before we discuss, let us look at the courses overview offered at the Midnapore Medical College and Hospital Midnapore.
|MBBS||4.6+1 year Internship|
|PG Courses||3 Years|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||8|
|MD – Forensic Medicine||2|
|MD – General Medicine||15|
|MD – Paediatrics||7|
|MD – Pharmacology||2|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||12|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||2|
|MS – ENT||4|
|MS – General Surgery||14|
Here in this selection, we will let you about Midnapore Medical College and Hospital Midnapore MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||2 months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||2 months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||2 months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||2 months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||1 month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of Midnapore Medical College and Hospital Midnapore, they are responsible for contributing and sustenance the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at Midnapore Medical College and Hospital Midnapore is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this college, these useful resources about Midnapore Medical College and Hospital Midnapore will help you do proper research about the college.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: West Bengal NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: West Bengal NEET PG Counselling
The Fee Structure of MMC Midnapore for undergraduate and postgraduate is mentioned below.
UG Courses Fees
PG Courses Fees
NOTE:- Mentioned fee subject to change.
The College Cut-off is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
MMC Midnapore Cutoff 2020
|Category||Round 1||Round 2|
MMC Midnapore Cutoff 2019
|Category||Round 1||Round 2|
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
NEET PG Cut off 2022 (OUT)
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
NEET PG 2021 Cutoff (Released)
|Categories||Cutoff Percentile||Cutoff Marks|
West Benagl NEET 2022 Counselling Process
A candidate can visit the Government of West Bengal Department of Health & Family Welfare’s official portal to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 West Bengal State Counselling. For more information on West Bengal NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
1. Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by MMCH Midnapore, the following flow chart shows the short but important information about the counselling procedure.
List of Documents that are required to be carried at the time of reporting to the allotted college.
- MBBS Admit Card 2022
- Call letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi
- Date of Birth Proof
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Category certificate of (SC/ST/OBC category candidates)
- Six passport size photographs
- One set of self-attested copies of all certificates
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||MMCH Midnapore|
Midnapore Medical College and Hospital
Address: Vidyasagar Road, Paschim Medinipur, Midnapore, West Bengal, India – 721 101
Official Website: http://midnaporemmc.ac.in/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for medical science aspirants in Midnapore Medical College?
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants in Midnapore Medical College is 200.
Q. Does Midnapore Medical College have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, Midnapore Medical College does have hostel facilities provided.
Q. Do MMCH Midnapore provide internships?
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.5 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend in this period.
Q. How to get admission to MMCH Midnapore?
Ans. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to MMCH Midnapore.
Q. Can I know the exact location of Midnapore Medical College?
Ans. Midnapore Medical College is located at Vidyasagar Road, Paschim Medinipur, Midnapore, West Bengal, India – 721 101.
Q. Is the Midnapore Medical College is government or private?
Ans. Midnapore Medical College is Government College.
Q. How Many marks need in NEET 2022 for Midnapore Medical College?
A. Looking to this year completion and cutoff analysis anything around 630+ will help you to get Government Medical College in the state.
Q. Why do Tuition Fees of Midnapore Medical College so much?
A. The fees of Midnapore Medical College is the lowest as compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fees structure of Midnapore Medical College then the average fees include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine from Midnapore Medical College.
Q. Is a degree from Midnapore Medical College is Valid?
A. Yes. Of course. Studying MBBS from Midnapore Medical College will make you a Doctor and will provide you with a degree of MBBS after the completion of the course. You have to clear the NEXT exam after your course completion to practice medicines in India.