College of Medicine & Sagore Dutta Hospital Kolkata is run by the government of West Bengal in Kolkata. The college situated at Kamarhati, in the suburbs of Kolkata, was founded in the year 2011. It was also known as CMSDH Kolkata. The College is affiliated with the West Bengal University of Health Sciences Kolkata and Approved by National Medical Commission (NMC).
This article will provide you with detailed information about Sagore Dutta Medical College Fees Structure; Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available, and complete college review.
Subscribe to RM Group of Education Newsletter, Get Admission, Fees, Seats etc.
Table of Contents
- College of Medicine and Sagore Dutta Hospital Kolkata
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Fee Structure
- NEET PG Cutoff
- West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling Process
- Documents Required
- Ranking & Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
College of Medicine and Sagore Dutta Hospital Kolkata
College of Medicine and Sagore Dutta Hospital Kolkata was famous for providing word class healthcare and excellent knowledge.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of the Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata.
|Name of Institute||College of Medicine and Sagore Dutta Hospital, Kolkata|
|Popular Name||CMSDH Kolkata, Sagore Dutta Medical College|
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Year of Establishment||2011|
|Affiliated to||West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, MD, MS|
|Hostel Facility||Yes(Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in West Bengal|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC)
- Aid Status: Government
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||Dental Hospital|
Before we discuss, let us look at the courses overview offered in Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata.
|MBBS||4.6+1 year Internship|
|PG Courses||3 Years|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||2|
|MD – Microbiology||3|
|MD – Paediatrics||4|
|MD – Pathology||4|
|MD – Pharmacology||4|
|MD – Psychiatry||2|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||4|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||3|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||4|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||2|
Here in this selection, we will let you about Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata, they are responsible for contributing and sustenance the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this college, these valuable resources about Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata will help you do proper research about the college.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: West Bengal NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: West Bengal NEET PG Counselling
The fees structure of the Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata for the undergraduate medical course is mentioned below.
UG Courses Fees
PG Courses Fees
NOTE:- Mentioned fee subject to change.
The College Cut-off is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
College of Medicine and Sagore Dutta Hospital Cutoff 2020
|Category||Round 1||Round 2|
College of Medicine and Sagore Dutta Hospital Cutoff 2019
|Category||Round 1||Round 2|
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
NEET PG Cut off 2022 (OUT)
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
NEET PG 2021 Cutoff (Released)
|Categories||Cutoff Percentile||Cutoff Marks|
West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling Process
A candidate can visit the Government of West Bengal Department of Health & Family Welfare’s official portal to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 West Bengal State Counselling. For more information on West Bengal NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
1. Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock in the priorities in the online portal.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the assigned seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
List of Documents that are required to be carried at the time of reporting to the allotted college.
- MBBS Admit Card 2022
- Call letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi
- Date of Birth Proof
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Category certificate of (SC/ST/OBC category candidates)
- Six passport size photographs
- One set of self-attested copies of all certificates
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata|
Address: 578, B.T. Road Kamarhati, Kolkata -700058 West Bengal, India
Official Website: http://www.cmsdh.edu.in/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for medical science aspirants in Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata?
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants in Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata is 125.
Q. Does Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata does have hostel facilities provided.
Q. Do Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata internships?
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.5 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend in this period.
Q. How to get admission to Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata?
Ans. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata.
Q. Can I know the exact location of Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata?
Ans. Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata is located at 578, B.T. Road Kamarhati, Kolkata -700058 West Bengal, India.
Q. Is the Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata is government or private?
Ans. Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata is Government College.
Q. How Many marks need in NEET 2022 for Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata?
A. Looking to this year completion and cutoff analysis anything around 630+ will help you to get Government Medical College in the state.
Q. Why do Tuition Fees of Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata so much?
A. The fees of Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata is the lowest as compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fees structure of Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata then the average fees include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine from Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata.
Q. Is a degree from Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata is Valid?
A. Yes. Of course. Studying MBBS from Sagore Dutta Medical College Kolkata will make you a Doctor and will provide you with a degree of MBBS after the completion of the course. You have to clear the NEXT exam after your course completion to practice medicines in India.