Shri Sathya Sai Medical College Kanchipuram is one of the prestigious Medical institutes, most popularly known as SSSMCRI College. It was established in 2008 situated in Kanchipuram, the state of Tamilnadu, India. It is one of the leading Deemed Medical College in Tamil Nadu.
Hey Students, if you are looking forward to pursuing your career in medical education at Shri Sathya Sai Medical College Kanchipuram, then you should know about Shri Sathya Sai Medical College Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available, and complete Shri Sathya Sai Medical College Review.
Subscribe to RM Group of Education Newsletter, Get Admission, Fees, Seats etc.
Table of Contents
- Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute Kanchipuram
- Courses Offered
- Admission Criteria
- Fee Structure
- NEET PG 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
- Tamil Nadu NEET 2022 Counselling
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute Kanchipuram
This college is affiliated with Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth (Deemed University) Pondicherry and is recognized by the NMC. Shri Sathya Sai Medical College Kanchipuram is one of the best Deemed MBBS College in Tamil Nadu.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of Shri Sathya Sai Medical College Kanchipuram. For admission purposes, students interested in pursuing their medical education at Shri Sathya Sai Medical College Kanchipuram must provide their NEET Score Card.
|Name of Institute||Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute Kanchipuram|
|Popular Name||Shri Sathya Sai Medical College, Kanchipuram, SSSMCRI Kanchipuram|
|Year of Establishment||2008|
|Affiliated||Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth (Deemed University) Pondicherry|
|Hostel Facility||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
Affiliated with:- Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth (Deemed University) Pondicherry
Approved by:- NMC
Aid Status:- Deemed
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
These are the Shri Sathya Sai Medical College Facilities provided to the students who are studying at the particular college:-
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||–|
Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute Kanchipuram offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure.
Shri Sathya Sai Medical College Kanchipuram provides quality education and offers the following UG course.
|MBBS||4.5 + 1 year Internship|
Students interested in pursuing MBBS from Shri Sathya Sai Medical College Kanchipuram should be informed about Shri Sathya Sai Medical College MBBS Seats, which is stated to be 250.
Shri Sathya Sai Medical College Kanchipuram provides quality education and offers PG courses.
|Community Medicine||3 Years|
|Forensic Medicine||3 Years|
|Otorhinolaryngology (E.N.T.)||3 Years|
|General Medicine||3 Years|
|General Surgery||3 Years|
|Respiratory Medicine||3 Years|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 Years|
MD/MS Intake Capacity
Here, you are provided with detailed information regarding Shri Sathya Sai Medical College Seats for Post-Graduate Courses:-
|Community Medicine||2||Forensic Medicine||3|
|General Medicine||10||General Surgery||10|
|Orthopaedics||6||Obstetrics & Gynaecology||6|
Here in this selection, we will let you about Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, O.P.D.s to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
Medical students who want to do internships are subsequently told about the subjects they can perform their training.
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
Coimbatore Medical College is responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute. It also offers sufficient non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below is the Admission procedure for the introductory courses under SSSMCRI Kanchipuram. The candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
|Admission Process||For UG Courses: NEET UG |
For PG Courses: NEET PG
|Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2022||For UG Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET PG Counselling
This section provides you with information regarding Shri Sathya Sai Medical College Fees Structure 2022:-
Shri Sathya Sai Medical College MBBS Fees
Here, the interested students are told about the Shri Sathya Sai Medical College Fees Structure for the UG Courses:-
|Course||MBBS Fees per annum|
Shri Sathya Sai Medical College Kanchipuram PG Fee Structure
This section provides students with Shri Sathya Sai Medical College fees structure for Post-Graduate Courses:-
|Course MD/MS||All India Category Fees in INR (Rs) per annum||NRI Category Fees per Annum USD $|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||48,00,000/-||75,000/-|
- 14,500/-(per month)
The Shri Sathya Sai Medical College Cut Off is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40th percentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least the 50th percentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Shri Sathya Sai Medical College Cut Off for Previous Years
Here, students are informed about Shri Sathya Sai Medical College Cut Off for the previous years for each & every category:-
Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute General Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank||2020 Cut-off by rank||2021 Cut-off by rank|
Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute OBC Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank||2021 Cut-off by rank|
Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute SC Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank||2020 Cut-off by rank|
Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute ST Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank|
Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute Economically Weaker Section Category Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank|
NEET PG 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
|Categories||NEET PG 2022 minimum qualifying or eligibility criteria||NEET PG 2022 Cutoff score (out of 800)|
|General / EWS||50th||275|
|SC / ST/ OBC|
(including PWD of SC/ST/OBC)
NEET PG Cutoff 2021
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
|Category||Cutoff percentile||Cutoff marks|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||302|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||283|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||265|
Tamil Nadu NEET 2022 Counselling
A candidate can visit the Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of Tamil Nadu, To get themselves for NEET 2022 Tamil Nadu State Counselling. For more information on Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
First Phase of TN MBBS & BDS Counselling Procedure:
- The candidates should pay a non-refundable amount of Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only) towards the Processing Fee by means of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10” payable at Chennai on the scheduled date of counselling.
- The candidates can download the call letter and appear in person with all the original certificates to the venue per the schedule.
- The candidates who have selected the seats in the first phase of counselling after certificate verification should receive the provisional allotment order. The candidates should join the course on or before the date mentioned in the temporary allotment order.
- The candidates who have been allotted seats and failed to join the course within the stipulated time are not eligible to attend the subsequent phases of counselling for the academic year 2022-2023. This applies to all stages of counselling
- The candidates who failed to appear in person for the first phase of counselling are deemed to have opted out of the counselling processes and will not be allowed to participate in the subsequent counselling steps for the academic year 2022 or 2023.
Second Phase of Tamil Nadu MBBS & BDS Counselling Procedure:
When a candidate is scheduled to attend the second phase of counselling, then the candidate has to pay the processing fee of Rs.500/-. The candidates who are waitlisted/allotted need not pay the processing fee. The candidates who wish to retain the college taken in the first phase of counselling need not participate in second or mop-up round counselling.
- The candidates can download the call letter and attend the counselling.
- Re-allotment / allotment for the vacancies arising due to not joining the candidates allotted under State Quota and the unfilled seats from the All India Quota in Government Medical Colleges and newly created seats, if any will be done based on the rank following the rule of reservation.
- During the second phase of counselling, candidates will be permitted to opt for the course/college as per rank and by following the rule of reservation from General rank one.
- The candidates who failed to appear in person for the second phase of counselling are deemed to have opted out of the processes of counselling and/she will not be allowed to participate in the subsequent phases of counselling for the academic year 2022-2023.
- The candidates who have selected the seats in the second phase of counselling after certificate verification should receive the provisional allotment order. The candidates should join the course on or before the date mentioned in the provisional allotment order.
- If a candidate fails to join the College within the stipulated time, they will not be permitted to participate in the subsequent phases of counselling.
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by Sathya Sai Medical College Kanchipuram, the following flow chart shows short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
For UG Candidates
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from Head of the Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
Here, in this section, students are informed about Shri Sathya Sai Medical College Ranking for the State of Rajasthan as well as, for India:-
|Name of Institute||Shri Sathya Sai Medical College Kanchipuram|
Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute
Address: Tiruporur-Guduvancherry Main Road, Ammapettai, Nellikuppam-603 108, Chengalpet Taluk, Kanchipuram District,
Official Website: http://www.sssmcri.ac.in/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for medical science aspirants in Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute?
Ans. The total intake of a Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute medical science aspirant is 250.
Q. What are the courses offered in this College?
Ans. The Course offered in this College is Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
Q. Does Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, this College does provide a hostel facility for both males and females.
Q. Do Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute provide internships?
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your Course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend in this period.
Q. Can I know the exact location of the Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute?
Ans. Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research InstituteThe Pearl City, Muthu Nagar, 3rd Mile Thoothukudi – 628001 Tamil Nadu, India
Q. How Many marks need in NEET 2021 for Shri Sathya Sai Medical College?
Looking to this year’s completion and cutoff analysis, anything around 450+ will help you get Pvt Medical College in the state.
Q. Why do Tuition Fees of Shri Sathya Sai Medical College so much?
The fees of government medical colleges are the lowest compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fee structure of Shri Sathya Sai Medical College, then the average fees include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine at Shri Sathya Sai Medical College.
Q. Is Shri Sathya Sai Medical College Kanchipuram a Deemed College?
Yes, Shri Sathya Sai Medical College Kanchipuram is a Deemed Medical College in Tamil Nadu.