Siberian State Medical University Russia (SSMU Russia) was founded in 1888 as the Faculty of Medicine of the Imperial Tomsk University. The best non-capital medical university in Russia, and it is the only pivotal medical university in Russia. The University is a large scientific, educational and clinical complex, including six faculties, with more than 7,500 students from 61 regions of Russia and 39 countries studying. Siberian State Medical University is one of the Top Medical colleges in Russia. The professional staff of the doctors of the SSMU clinics is unique – among them, there are professors, doctors and candidates in medical sciences.
Table of Contents
- College Summary
- Courses Offered
- Eligibility Criteria for Admission
- Fee Structure
- Siberian State Medical University Russia – Ranking 2022
- Country Summary
- Advantages of Studying in Russia
- Disadvantages of Studying in Russia
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Before we complete the college Summary, let us look at the major details of Siberian State Medical University Russia.
|Name of Institute||Siberian State Medical University Russia|
|Popular Name||SSMU Russia, Siberian State University, Siberian Medical University|
|Year of Establishment||1888|
|Siberian State Medical University Location||Tomsk Oblast, Russia|
|Language of Teaching||English|
|No. of Faculties||06|
|Universities Recognition||NMC & WHO-accredited|
|Siberian State Medical University Courses offered||MBBS|
|Total Enrollment||5,051 (2014)|
|Siberian State Medical University Ranking||Country – 134|
World – 4505
|Siberian State Medical University Official Website||https://ssmu.ru/ru/|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Russia|
Siberian State Medical University Courses offer quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS).
|MBBS||6 Years (English Medium)|
7 Years (Russian Medium)
The medical faculties of the Siberian State Medical University are:-
Why Study MBBS At Siberian State Medical University?
- There are a number of international scholarships available.
- More than 500 Indian students study MBBS at the university which means that a large community of Indian students is studying at the university.
- The medium of teaching is both English and Russian which makes it suitable for both the local and international students.
- Siberian State Medical University offers an MBBS program at affordable fees.
- The university offers a vast variety of courses from Clinical psychology to social work. There are all kinds of degrees available be it master’s, bachelor’s or doctoral degrees.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
Russia has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you too want to study MBBS at Siberian Medical University Russia, check the Siberian State Medical University eligibility below.
|Age||Your age should be at least 17 on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
*No Upper Age Limit.
|Siberian State Medical University Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Medium of Teaching||English, Russian|
|Duration of Course||6 Years (English Medium)|
7 Years (Russian Medium)
Siberian State Medical University fees 2021 & Siberian State Medical University mbbs fees for the undergraduate medical course are stated in the section. Hence, for the Siberian State Medical University Fee Structure & Siberian State Medical University fees for Indian Students, the data as mentioned below:-
|Particulars||Siberian State Medical University Tuition Fee||Siberian State Medical University Hostel fee|
|Siberian State Medical University fees for Indian Students (INR) Approx.||2,66,190||30,000|
NOTE: Mentioned fee is approximate and will be subject to change. The prices for Siberian State Medical University Indian Students are mentioned above.
Siberian State Medical University Russia – Ranking 2022
According to 4icu.org, the following is the country and world ranking for Siberian State Medical University Russia:
|Country Rank||World Rank|
|Language||Russian is one of the six official languages of the UN. Russian is the one and the only official state language. Other languages spoken in Russia are Tatar, Ukrainian and Bashkir etc.|
|Climate||Warm to hot in dry summers and (very) cold winters with temperatures of -30°C and lower|
|Time Zone||UTC+2 to +12|
|Currency||Russian ruble (₽) (RUB)|
|Religion||73% Christianity, 70% Russian Orthodoxy, 3% Other Christian, 15% No religion, 10% of Islam|
& 2% Others
About Tomsk Oblast City
- It lies in the southeastern West Siberian Plain, in the southwest of the Siberian Federal District. Its administrative centre is the city of Tomsk.
- Tomsk Oblast, part of the wider region of Siberia, is almost entirely taiga. Approximately 85% of the oblast is forested, with Siberian pines, Scots pines, spruce, fir, and larch trees being some of the common trees in the area.
- The average annual temperature in Tomsk Oblast is 1.75 °C, with the average temperature in July being 19.4 °C and the average temperature in January being approximately -19-21 °C.
Advantages of Studying in Russia
Siberian State Medical University Russia Has become a famous MBBS study-abroad Location for Indian students. Russia is the Country with the second-highest number of Indian students studying medical from There are a whole range of reasons why MBBS in Russian.
- The tuition Fee is very affordable as compared to Indian Medical Colleges
- Russian Universities have the best and Easy Admission Procedure
- They are Providing world-class infrastructure with modern facilities in colleges
- International Exposure for those who are also from Different country backgrounds
- V.I. Vernadsky Crimean Federal University work with great professionals, doctors and researchers, that’s why Indian students will take admission to Russia
Disadvantages of Studying in Russia
The Siberian State Medical University Russia also has some of the disadvantages these points are mentioned below.
- Local language going to any foreign country will mean that you have to adjust yourself according to the new country
- Some students find it hard to adjust to the cold climate or weather of Russia. The temperature will be below 0 degrees for about 3 to 4 months
- Cultural Hindrance is understandable that the student may find it difficult to adjust and adapt to the new country and culture
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Where is Siberian State Medical University Russia located?
Siberian State Medical University Russia is located along Moskovskiy Trakt, 2, Tomsk, Tomsk Oblast, Russia, 634050.
What scholarships and grants are available to students?
Various scholarships and service grants are available to deserving students. The Study Now, Pay Later Plan is also available case-to-case basis.
Does SSMU Russia accept transferees?
SSMU Russia accepts transferees on a case-to-case basis.
Can non-Catholics study and work at SSMU Russia?
Yes, SSMU Russia does not discriminate against the admission and employment of non-Catholics.
- Siberian State Medical University Russia, Official website
- World Health Organization (WHO), Official website
- National Medical Commission (NMC), Official website
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_dollar, USD Wikipedia