Sikkim NEET Counselling 2023: The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national-level medical entrance examination conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to undergraduate medical and dental courses in India. This article will let you know about Sikkim NEET Counselling 2023. Students, Are you preparing for the NEET 2023 Examination? This article will let you know about Sikkim NEET Counselling 2023. It is organized by the Govt. of the Sikkim Human Resource Development Department. Students are advised to read this article thoroughly as the scorecard of NEET-UG Counselling will be accepted by the various private medical college in Sikkim through Sikkim MBBS & BDS Counselling 2023. For enhanced Counselling guidance, candidates have the option to download the Sikkim NEET UG Counselling ebook.
Latest Updates: The government of Sikkim, Human Resource Development Department, has released the Schedule of Sikkim NEET UG COunselling Registration from 9th Aug 2023 at sikkimhrdd.org
Table of Contents
- Brief Description
- Sikkim NEET Counselling Dates (Out)
- Sikkim NEET Counselling Eligibility Criteria
- Sikkim NEET Counselling 2023 Procedure
- Sikkim NEET Counselling 2023 Documents Required
- NEET 2023 Cutoff (OUT)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Before discussing the details of the Sikkim NEET Counselling Procedure, let’s briefly describe NEET 2023.
|Name of Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) or NEET-UG|
|Sikkim NEET Counselling Conducted by||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|NEET 2023 Exam Date||7 May 2023|
|NEET 2023 Result||13 June 2023|
|MCC AIQ Sikkim NEET Counselling 2023 Starting Date||20th July 2023|
|Sikkim NEET Counselling 2023 Starting Date||9th August 2023|
|Sikkim NEET Counselling Conducting Authority||Govt. of Sikkim Human Resource Development Department|
|No. of Private Seats in Sikkim||150|
Sikkim NEET Counselling Dates (Out)
The government of Sikkim, Human Resource Development Department, has released the Sikkim NEET UG Counselling Schedule.
|Sikkim MBBS Admission Notification||29-07-2023|
|Online application form release date||9th August 2023 (10: AM)|
|Last date for submission of application form||To be announced|
|Verification of PWD candidates||To be announced|
|Provisional Merit List||To be announced|
|Final merit list||To be announced|
Sikkim NEET Counselling Eligibility Criteria
- The applying seekers should have qualified for the NEET Entrance Examination.
- Aspirants must have the domicile of Sikkim.
- The applicants must have completed a recognised educational institution’s 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- The applying seekers must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, and English are the compulsory subjects with a minimum of 50% marks; 40% marks are required for SC/ST category candidates, and 45% marks are for Physically Handicap candidates.
Sikkim NEET Counselling 2023 Procedure
A Candidate can visit the Government of Sikkim Human Resource Development Department’s official portal to register for NEET 2023 Sikkim State Counselling. Before we speak about the counselling procedure for Sikkim NEET 2023, Let us first look at the Sikkim NEET Counselling schedule. For more information on NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
Sikkim NEET UG Counselling Procedure
Registration Process: Registration will be the necessary procedure to participate in the counselling, and It can be done online.
Document Verification: After successfully filling out the registration form, the next step will be the document verification process. You must verify your original documents and a Xerox copy of all required documents.
Choice Filling & Locking: After the successful verification session, candidates must fill in their choices of courses and colleges and then lock it. They are advised to enter their preferences carefully.
Allocation of Seats: The seats will be allotted to the applicants according to the candidate’s rank, filled choices and available seats in the participating colleges.
Reporting Process: Candidates must register at the designated colleges within the required date and timings for granting the Sikkim MBBS 2023 admission.
Sikkim NEET Counselling Process (AIQ Quota)
Candidates applying for Medical Colleges in Sikkim must register for the NEET counselling 2023. Counselling of NEET 2023 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. Sikkim NEET Counselling will Consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register on the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You must choose the courses and colleges of your preference and lock in the online portal’s preferences.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round must either reject the assigned seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): This is similar to Round 1.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to Round 1.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is noted that those allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seat orders made by the Supreme Court of India.
Sikkim NEET Counselling 2023 Documents Required
- 10th Certificate.
- 12th Certificate.
- 12th Mark Sheet.
- NEET UG 2023 Admit Card.
- NEET UG 2023 Result/Scorecard.
- Category Certificate (if applicable).
- Domicile Certificate (for Sikkim candidates only).
- Certificate of Sub Category, If Applicable.
- ID Proof (Aadhaar Card/Voter card etc.)
NEET 2023 Cutoff (OUT)
The cutoff marks for NEET 2023 will depend on the various factors that affect the exam. The following is the NEET cutoff for 2023:-
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Marks Range||No. of Candidates|
|UR/EWS||50th Percentile||720 -137||1014372|
|OBC||40th Percentile||136 -107||88592|
|SC||40th Percentile||136 -107||29918|
|ST||40th Percentile||136 -107||12437|
|UR/EWS & PH||45th Percentile||136 -121||405|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||120 -107||179|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||120 -107||50|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||120 -108||23|
NEET UG Cutoff 2022
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks||Number of Candidates|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||160|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||56|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||13|
Sikkim NEET Counselling Previous Year Infomation
Students, if you want the previous year’s Seat Matrix, Result, Merit List, Cutoff etc., we have mentioned in the table below, you can check.
|List of Medical College Sikkim||Sikkim NEET Merit List|
|List of Dental College Sikkim||Sikkim Medical Colleges Seat Matrix|
|Sikkim Medical Colleges Fee Structure||Sikkim Medical Colleges Cutoff|
|Sikkim NEET Seat Allotment List||Sikkim NEET Conducting Authority|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who Conducts Sikkim NEET 2023 Counselling?
The Directorate of Technical Education Sikkim conducts the admission for Sikkim NEET 2023.
Who will be eligible for Sikkim NEET Counselling 2023?
Sikkim NEET Counselling will be open to students who qualify for NEET.
On which mode Sikkim MBBS counselling will be Conducted?
Sikkim NEET Counselling will be conducted online mode for Sikkim MBBS admission 2023.
When will the Sikkim NEET Counselling 2023 Application be out?
The authority will soon release the online application forms.
Is Sikkim NEET 2023 Counselling Offline?
No. Sikkim NEET Counselling will be conducted Online mode.
Can I participate in Counselling for Colleges Outside Sikkim?
Yes, Candidates from Sikkim can participate in the centralized Counselling Conducted by the MCC for admission to All India Quota (AIQ) seats in medical and dental colleges across India. In addition, based on the availability of seats and the Respective state’s rules, Candidates may also be eligible to participate in Counselling for other states through the state’s Counselling authority.
How can I register for Sikkim NEET Counselling 2023?
To register for Sikkim NEET Counselling, you need to visit the official website of the State Counselling Authority.
How is the seat allotment done in Sikkim NEET Counselling 2023?
Seat allotment in Sikkim NEET Counselling is based on various factors such as NEET scores, merit list, category, availability of seats, and choices filled by the candidates during the choice-filling process. Sikkim NEET Counselling authority will publish the seat allotment result on the official website, and candidates can check their allotted seat status online