Smolensk State Medical University Russia is a government medical school & it was founded in the year 1920. Dr R.S.Kozlov is the chancellor of the university & a member of the American Society for Microbiology and the European Respiratory Society. SSMU Russia is one of the largest medical colleges for MBBS in Russia. The college is approved by NMC & WHO. It is one of the Top Medical colleges in Russia. MBBS at Smolensk State Medical University is accepted worldwide
Table of Contents
- College Summary
- Courses Offered
- Eligibility Criteria for Admission
- Fee Structure
- Smolensk State Medical University – Ranking 2022
- Country Summary
- Advantages of Studying in Russia
- Disadvantages of Studying in Russia
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
|Name of Institute||Smolensk State Medical University Russia|
|Popular Name||SSMU Russia, Smolensk State University, Smolensk State University|
|Year of Establishment||1920|
|Smolensk State Medical University Location||Smolensk Oblast, Russia|
|Language of Teaching||English|
|No. of Faculties||08|
|Universities Recognition||NMC & WHO-accredited|
|Smolensk State Medical University Courses offered||MBBS|
|Affiliated||Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation|
|Smolensk State Medical University Ranking||Country – 182|
World – 5361
|Smolensk State Medical University Official Website||http://smolgmu.ru/|
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||Call Now: +91-9999709233|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Russia|
|MBBS||6 Years (English Medium)|
7 Years (Russian Medium)
The medical facilities of the Smolensk State Medical University Russia are:-
Why Study MBBS At Smolensk State Medical University Russia?
- International students do not face language barriers in education as instruction is conducted in English
- The cost of living at Smolensk State Medical University is low.
- Accommodations in hostels make it easier for students to access the university without having to look elsewhere for accommodation.
- The university provides clinical exposure to international students.
- Cultural programs are held every year. Indian cultural programs organized by the students show glimpses of India and its culture.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
Russia has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you, too, want to study MBBS at Smolensk State University Russia, check the eligibility below.
|Age||Your age should be at least 17 on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
*No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Medium of Teaching||English, Russian|
|Duration of Course||6 Years (English Medium)|
7 Years (Russian Medium)
|Particulars||Tuition Fee||Hostel fee||Annual fee|
|Fee in Rupees||3,85,000||40,000||4,25,000|
|Fees (USD)||USA Dollars 6000 per year.||USA Dollars 350 per year.|
NOTE: The mentioned fee is approximate and will be subject to change.
Smolensk State Medical University – Ranking 2022
According to 4icu.org, the following is the country and world ranking for Smolensk State Medical University Russia:
|Country Rank||World Rank|
|Language||Russian is one of the six official languages of the UN. Russian is the one and the only official state language. Other languages spoken in Russia are Tatar, Ukrainian and Bashkir etc.|
|Climate||Warm to hot in dry summers and (very) cold winters with temperatures of -30°C and lower|
|Time Zone||UTC+2 to +12|
|Currency||Russian ruble (₽) (RUB)|
|Religion||73% Christianity, 70% Russian Orthodoxy, 3% Other Christian, 15% No religion, 10% of Islam|
& 2% Others
About Smolensk City
- Smolensk is a city in western Russia. It’s known for Lopatinsky Garden, with amusement rides, paths and a pond.
- Smolensk is known for its electronics, textiles, food processing, and diamond faceting industries.
- Smolensk has a warm-summer humid continental climate (Köppen climate classification Dfb). By European standards, the climate is cold for its latitude on 54°N.
Advantages of Studying in Russia
Smolensk State Medical University Has become a famous MBBS study-abroad Location for Indian students. Russia is the Country with the second-highest number of Indian students studying medical from There are a whole range of reasons why MBBS in Russian.
- The tuition Fee is very affordable as compared to Indian Medical Colleges
- Russian Universities have the best and Easy Admission Procedure
- They are Providing world-class infrastructure with modern facilities in colleges
- International Exposure for those who are also from Different country backgrounds
- V.I. Vernadsky Crimean Federal University work with great professionals, doctors and researchers, that’s why Indian students will take admission to Russia
Disadvantages of Studying in Russia
The Smolensk State Medical University also has some of the disadvantages these points are mentioned below.
- Local language going to any foreign country will mean that you have to adjust yourself according to the new country
- Some students find it hard to adjust to the cold climate or weather of Russia. The temperature will be below 0 degrees for about 3 to 4 months
- Cultural Hindrance is understandable that the student may find it difficult to adjust and adapt to the new country and culture
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Where is Smolensk State Medical University located?
Smolensk State Medical University is located along Ulitsa Krupskoy, 28, Smolensk, Smolensk Oblast, Russia, 214019.
What scholarships and grants are available to students?
Various scholarships and service grants are available to deserving students. The Study Now, Pay Later Plan is also available case-to-case basis.
Does SSMU Russia accept transferees?
SSMU Russia accepts transferees on a case-to-case basis.
Can non-Catholics study and work at Smolensk State Medical College, Russia?
Yes, Smolensk State Medical College Russia does not discriminate against the admission and employment of non-Catholics.
- Smolensk State Medical University Russia, Official website
- World Health Organization (WHO), Official website
- National Medical Commission (NMC), Official website
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_dollar, USD Wikipedia