Smolensk State Medical University Russia  is a government medical school & it was founded in the year 1920. Dr R.S. Kozlov is the chancellor of the university & a member of the American Society for Microbiology and the European Respiratory Society. SSMU Russia is one of the largest medical colleges for MBBS in Russia. Therefore, students from 50 countries like India, Germany, Italy, Poland, and other African, Asian, and South American continents come to study MBBS at Smolensk State Medical University.
It is one of the Top Medical colleges in Russia. MBBS at Smolensk State Medical University is accepted worldwide. This article provides information about Smolensk State Medical University Russia for Indian Students, such as Facilities, Courses Offered, Admission Process, Eligibility Criteria, MBBS Syllabus, Eligibility Criteria, Fees Structure, Ranking, About Russia, etc.
Subscribe to RM Group of Education Newsletter, Get Admission, Fees, Seats etc.
Table of Contents
- Smolensk State Medical University
- College Summary
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Documents Required
- Fee Structure
- MBBS Syllabus in Russia
- Ranking and Reputation
- Country Summary
- Advantages of Studying in Russia
- Disadvantages of Studying in Russia
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Smolensk State Medical University
Smolensk State Medical University trains medical and pharmaceutical specialists from overseas countries. The university organizes student exchange programs with various healthcare establishments in the EU.
Before We go to complete College Summary, let us look at the major details of Smolensk State Medical University Russia.
|Name of Institute||Smolensk State Medical University Russia|
|Popular Name||SSMU Russia, Smolensk State University, Smolensk State University|
|Year of Establishment||1920|
|Location||Smolensk Oblast, Russia|
|Language of Teaching||English|
|No. of Faculties||08|
|Universities Recognition||NMC & WHO-accredited|
|Affiliated||Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation|
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||Call Now: +91-9999709233|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Russia|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
The Smolensk State Medical University Student Support are:
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
|Local Language Learning Classes||NMC Screening Test Help Centre|
The Smolensk State Medical University Facilities are shown in the data mentioned below to the students who ensure their Smolensk State Medical University Admission 2023:
Note: The Smolensk State Medical University Hostel is one of the best universities in Russia that provides sound-furnished hostel rooms.
Smolensk State Medical University Russia 2021 FMGE Passing Rate
Smolensk State Medical University Russia Courses offer quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. This College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs if you want more details about the MBBS course.
|MBBS||6 Years (English Medium)|
7 Years (Russian Medium)
Why Study MBBS At Smolensk State Medical University Russia?
- International students do not face language barriers in education as instruction is conducted in English
- The cost of living at Smolensk State Medical University is low.
- Accommodations in hostels make it easier for students to access the university without having to look elsewhere for accommodation.
- The university provides clinical exposure to international students.
- Cultural programs are held every year. Indian cultural programs organized by the students show glimpses of India and its culture.
Faculty & Staff
Smolensk State University Russia consists of faculties & institutes that train well-educated specialists for most sectors of the Russian national economy. The college provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplifting the health care education and output delivery system for the country’s people.
If you want admission to Smolensk State Medical University Russia, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). Russia has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you want to study in Russia, remember some points about the admission for MBBS in Russia.
In this section, all the students check the eligibility Criteria of Siberian State University Russia.
|Age||Your age should be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
*No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Qualifying Entrance||NEET (Some Medical College offers Direct entry to a valid NEET Card Holder)|
|Medium of Teaching||English, Russian|
|Duration of Course||6 Years (English Medium)|
7 Years (Russian Medium)
Before taking admission at Smolensk State Medical University Russia, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from SSMU Russia.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Russian Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of Smolensk State Medical University Tuition fees (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
In this section, all the MBBS Students get information about the fee structure 2023 of Smolensk State Medical University Russia. Check all the relevant queries regarding fees following this page, Low fees for MBBS Colleges in Russia.
|Tuition Fee||6,000/- (USD)|
|Hostel Fee||350/- (USD)|
|Total Fees||6,350/- (USD)|
1$ = Rs. 82
The mentioned fee is approximate in nature, and it will be subject to change.
MBBS Syllabus in Russia
Before applying for Smolensk State University Russia, please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of Russia’s top-ranked, NMC-approved medical universities. The structure and the pattern of MBBS in Russia are as follows: You can see MBBS Syllabus in Russia PDF.
Ranking and Reputation
The Smolensk State Medical University Ranking all across Russia & Smolensk State Medical University World Ranking is mentioned below:-
|Name of Institute||Smolensk State Medical University Russia|
Smolensk State Medical University Ranking 2023
According to 4icu.org, the following is the country and world ranking for Smolensk State Medical University Russia:
|Country Rank||World Rank|
The Russian Federation is the largest of the 21 republic that makes up the Commonwealth of Independent States. It occupies most of Eastern Europe and North Asia, stretching from the Baltic Sea in the west to the Pacific Ocean in the east and from the Arctic Ocean in the north to the Black Sea and the Caucasus in the South.
|Language||Russian is one of the six official languages of the UN. Russian is the only official state language. Other languages spoken in Russia are Tatar, Ukrainian and Bashkir etc.|
|Climate||Warm to hot in dry summers and (very) cold winters with temperatures of -30°C and lower|
|Time Zone||UTC+2 to +12|
|Currency||Russian ruble (₽) (RUB)|
|Religion||47.4% Christianity, 41% Russian Orthodoxy, 6.4% Other Christian, 38.2% No religion, 6.5% of Islam, 2.4% Others & 5.5% unanswered|
About Smolensk City
- Smolensk is a city in western Russia. It’s known for Lopatinsky Garden, with amusement rides, paths and a pond.
- Smolensk is known for its electronics, textiles, food processing, and diamond faceting industries.
- Smolensk has a warm-summer humid continental climate (Köppen climate classification Dfb). By European standards, the climate is cold for its latitude of 54°N.
Advantages of Studying in Russia
Smolensk State Medical University Has become a famous MBBS study-abroad Location for Indian students. Russia is the Country with the second-highest number of Indian students studying medical. There is a whole range of reasons why MBBS is in Russian. Advantages and Disadvantages of studying in Russia:-
- The tuition Fee is very affordable compared to Indian Medical Colleges.
- Russian Universities have the best and Easy Admission Procedure.
- They are Providing world-class infrastructure with modern facilities in colleges.
- International Exposure for those who are also from Different country backgrounds.
- V.I. Vernadsky Crimean Federal University works with great professionals, doctors and researchers, that’s why Indian students will take admitted to Russia.
Disadvantages of Studying in Russia
The Smolensk State Medical University also has some disadvantages these points are mentioned below.
- Local language going to any foreign country will mean that you have to adjust yourself according to the new country.
- Some students find it hard to adjust to the cold climate or weather of Russia. The temperature will be below 0 degrees for about 3 to 4 months.
- Cultural Hindrance is understandable that the student may find it difficult to adjust and adapt to the new country and culture.
Smolensk State Medical University Russia
Address: Ulitsa Krupskoy, 28, Smolensk, Smolensk Oblast, Russia, 214019
Phone: +91-9999709233 (For Indian Student)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Where is Smolensk State Medical University located?
Smolensk State Medical University is located along Ulitsa Krupskoy, 28, Smolensk, Smolensk Oblast, Russia, 214019.
What scholarships and grants are available to students?
Various scholarships and service grants are available to deserving students. The Study Now, Pay Later Plan is also available on a case-to-case basis.
Does SSMU Russia accept transferees?
SSMU Russia accepts transferees on a case-to-case basis.
Can non-Catholics study and work at Smolensk State Medical College Russia?
Yes, Smolensk State Medical College Russia does not discriminate against the admission and employment of non-Catholics.
Carrier scope for Indian students after studying MBBS in Russia?
After completing their MBBS in Russia, candidates can work in any of the country’s private nursing facilities or hospitals. Carrier scope for Indian students
- Smolensk State Medical University Russia, Official website
- About Russia, Wikipedia
- World Health Organization (WHO), Official website
- National Medical Commission (NMC), Official website
- Ministry of Education Science Russia, Wikipedia
- Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi, Official website
- Russian Ruble (RUB), European Central Bank