Sree Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences (SNIMS Ernakulam) was established in 2009, and it is most popularly known as SNIMS Ernakulam, situated in Ernakulam Kerala. SNIMS Ernakulam is one of the emerging and premier Medical Colleges in Kerala.
In this article, we will share all the essential details about Sree Narayana Instt. of Medical Sciences Chalakka Ernakulam, like Affiliations, Admission Process, Courses, Cutoff Details, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Contact, Review, Ranking, etc.
Table of Contents
- Sree Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences Ernakulam
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Fee Structure
- NEET PG Cutoff
- Kerala NEET Counselling 2022
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Sree Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences Ernakulam
Sree Narayana Instt. of Medical Sciences is a Medical College Hospital in the coastal belt of Ernakulam District, which provides comprehensive medical services and is aiming to establish itself as a centre of excellence.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the critical details of Sree Narayana Instt. of Medical Sciences Chalakka Ernakulam.
|Name of Institute||Sree Narayana Instt. of Medical Sciences Chalakka Ernakulam|
|Popular Name||SNIMS Ernakulam|
|Year of Establishment||2009|
|Affiliated||Kerala University of Health Sciences|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Kerala|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
Affiliated with:- Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala
Approved by:- NMC
Aid Status:- Trust
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Library||Community Health Centre|
|24 Hour Help Line||I.C.U.s Super Speciality Centre|
|Blood Bank||Diagnostic Services|
|Accident & Emergency Department||OPD-Indoor Services|
SNIMS Ernakulam offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS).
|MBBS||4.6+1 year Internship|
|MD (Pharmacology)||3 Years|
Here in this selection, we will let you know about SNIMS Ernakulam MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of SNIMS Ernakulam, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various programmes at SNIMS Ernakulam is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this college, these valuable resources about SNIMS Ernakulam will help you do proper research about the college.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|Kerala NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Kerala NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Kerala NEET PG Counselling
The fee structure of the college is as follows:
The fee structure is Approved Orders issued by the GOVERNMENT OF KERALA.
|GEN. (85%)||₹ 7,65,400/-|
|NRI (15%)||₹ 20,00,000/-|
Sree Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences course-wise seats and fees for the PG course.
|Course Type||Course||Government Fees||Management Fees||NRI Fees|
|MD PARACLINICAL||MD PHARMACOLOGY||–||₹ 956250||₹ 3500000|
|MD PARACLINICAL||MD COMMUNITY MEDICINE||–||₹ 956250||₹ 3500000|
|MD CLINICAL||MD PAEDIATRICS||–||₹ 1575000||₹ 3500000|
|MD CLINICAL||MD GENERAL MEDICINE||–||₹ 1575000||₹ 3500000|
|MD CLINICAL||MD RESPIRATORY MEDICINE||–||₹ 1575000||₹ 3500000|
|MS||MS ORTHOPAEDICS||–||₹ 1575000||₹ 3500000|
|MS||MS ENT||–||₹ 1575000||₹ 3500000|
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
NEET PG Cut off 2022 (OUT)
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
NEET PG 2021 Cutoff (Released)
|Categories||Cutoff Percentile||Cutoff Marks|
Kerala NEET Counselling 2022
Candidates who have appeared in NEET (UG)-2022 and opting for admission to Medical courses such as MBBS, BDS, Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Siddha & Unani and Allied courses such as Agriculture, Forestry, Veterinary and Fisheries shall have to submit online their NEET (UG)-2022 result details to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations for preparing the respective State rank lists. For more information on NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
KEAM 2022 Important Points of Kerala MBBS & BDS Admission
- Candidates who do not submit their NEET (UG)-2022 results to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations within the stipulated time shall not be considered for preparation of the rank list for Medical & Medical Allied courses.
- Candidates who have already submitted applications for admission to Medical & Medical Allied courses under KEAM 2022 and who have qualified in the NEET (UG)-2022 conducted by the NTA, as per the eligibility criteria mentioned in the prospectus clause, 9.7.5 (ii) & (iii) can submit NEET result to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations online.
Kerala NEET UG Counselling Procedure
Step 1- Log in Process: Candidates must log on to the ‘KEAM 2022 Candidate Portal’ to participate in the counselling process.
Step 2- Option registration page: In the next step, applicants must create a password and click on the ‘open registration’ button on the login page.
Step 3- Choice filling and locking: The online choice filling of Kerala NEET counselling will look on the screen. A list of colleges will be available with college, college code, place, courses, and the district name.
Step 4- Kerala NEET seat allotment process: After the choice and locking section, the authority will start Kerala MBBS/BDS seat allotment 2022.
Step 5- Kerala NEET counselling result: After the seat allotment process, CEE, Kerala, releases Kerala NEET 2022 counselling results online.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
For UG Candidates
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||SNIMS Ernakulam|
Sree Narayana Instt. of Medical Sciences(SNIMS Ernakulam)
Address: North Kuthiyathodu P.O.,
Ernakulam Dist, Kerala – 683 594, India
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How many seats are there for medical science aspirants in SNIMS Ernakulam?
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants in SNIMS Ernakulam is 100.
Q. What are the courses offered in this college?
Ans. The course offered in this college is Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), and MD.
Q. Does SNIMS Ernakulam have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, this college does provide hostel facilities for both males and females.
Q. Do SNIMS Ernakulam provide internships?
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend during this period.
Q. Can I know the exact location of SNIMS Ernakulam?
Ans. SNIMS Ernakulam is located at North Kuthiyathodu P.O.,
Ernakulam Dist, Kerala – 683 594.
Q. Is a degree from Sree Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences Valid?
Ans. Yes. Of course. Studying MBBS at Sree Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences will make you a Doctor and will provide you with a degree of MBBS after the completion of the course. You have to clear the NEXT exam after your course completion to practice medicines in India.
Q. How Many marks need in NEET 2022 for the Sree Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences?
Ans. Looking to this year’s completion and cutoff analysis anything around 450+will help you to get Pvt Medical College in the state.
Q. Why do Tuition Fees of Sree Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences so much?
Ans. The fees of government medical colleges are the lowest compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fee structure of Sree Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences then the average fees include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine at Sree Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences.