USTC Chittagong promotes research and innovation among its students and faculty members. USTC Bangladesh encourages research collaborations with national and international institutions and provides funding opportunities for research projects. University of Science and Technology Chittagong aims to contribute to advancing knowledge and address societal challenges through research.
To better understand the University of Science and Technology Chittagong, it is important to first review some general information about the USTC Medical College.
|Name of University
|University of Science and Technology Chittagong, Bangladesh
|USTC Bangladesh, USTC Medical College
|Year of Establishment
|No. of Students
|No. of Faculties
|Medium of Teaching
|University Grants Commission of Bangladesh
|USD: $ 3,400/- (Per-Annual)
INR: Rs. 2,82,200/- (Per-Annual)
|Yes (Male & Female)
|Shah Amanat International Airport
|Medical Colleges in Bangladesh
Affiliation and Recognition
The University of Science and Technology Chittagong is one of the most prominent medical universities in Bangladesh, and it is affiliated with and recognized by various Medical Councils such as:
- University Grants Commission of Bangladesh
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- University Grants Commission (UGC)
The University of Science and Technology Chittagong has 6 faculties. Let’s have a Look:-
- Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology (FSET)
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Basic Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Faculty of Business Administration
- Faculty of Social Science and Humanities
- Faculty of Biochemistry & Biotechnology
The University of Science and Technology Chittagong provides top-notch medical programs with the guidance of expert faculty and modern facilities. The USTC Medical College is renowned for its MBBS undergraduate program.
|6 Years (Including 1-Year Internship)
Why study MBBS at the University of Science and Technology Chittagong?
- The University of Science and Technology Chittagong fees structure are quite affordable.
- English-medium instruction, eliminating language barriers for Indian students.
- Access to modern facilities, laboratories, and clinical training centers.
- If the students graduate from University, they get the chance to work globally.
- Studying at USTC provides exposure to Bangladesh’s rich culture. Embracing cultural diversity can contribute to personal growth and understanding, essential qualities for future healthcare professionals.
- Bangladesh is known for its hospitality and safety, and USTC ensures a secure campus environment, prioritizing the well-being of its students.
If you look forward to completing your University of Science and Technology Chittagong admission in 2024-25, you must qualify for the (NEET) for Indian students.
Bangladesh has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you want to study MBBS at the University of Science and Technology Chittagong, check the eligibility below.
|Your age should be at least 17 years old on or before Dec 31 of the admission year.
|Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.
|Minimum Qualifying (%)
|50% in 10+2 (UR)
|NEET (For Indian Students)
Before taking admission to University of Science and Technology Chittagong, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark Sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark Sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Bangladesh.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Bangladesh Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of 1st Year of University of Science and Technology Chittagong Tuition fees.
- HIV test documents.
Fee Structure 2024-25
The fee structure of the USTC Chittagong MBBS tuition fees for the undergraduate medical course is stated in this section.
|USTC Medical College Fees
|USTC Tuition Fee in Indian Rupees
According to Edurank, the following is the country and world ranking for the University of Science and Technology Chittagong:
|University of Science and Technology Country Rank
|University of Science and Technology World Ranking
About Chattogram City
- Chittagong is a large port city on the southeastern coast of Bangladesh.
- Chittagong is the major seaport and second largest city in Bangladesh.
- The Greater Chittagong Area had a population of more than 5.2 million in 2023.
- Chattogram is well-connected by road, rail, and air. The city has an international airport, Shah Amanat International Airport, facilitating both domestic and international travel.
- The surrounding hills and coastal areas provide natural beauty and recreational opportunities. Patenga Sea Beach and Foy’s Lake are popular destinations for locals and tourists.
- The city has a diverse population representing various ethnicities and cultures. This diversity is reflected in the local cuisine, festivals, and traditions.
University of Science and Technology Chittagong, Bangladesh
Address: USTC D Block, Foy’s Lake, Zakir Hossain Road Chattogram 4202
Official Website: https://www.ustc.ac.bd/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What scholarships and grants are available to students?
Various scholarships and service grants are available to deserving students. The Study Now, Pay Later Plan is also available case-to-case basis.
Does USTC Chittagong accept transferees?
UST Chittagong accepts transferees on a case-to-case basis.
Can non-Catholics study and work at the University of Science and Technology?
Yes, the USTC Chittagong does not discriminate against the admission and employment of non-Catholics.