MBBS in Bangladesh: Bangladesh is a country in South Asia. It shares borders with India and Myanmar. Bangladesh is the 92nd-largest sovereign state in the world. It is one of the most densely populated countries globally, and its people are predominantly Muslim. Bangladesh forms the largest and eastern part of the Bengal region.
There is no denying that MBBS is one of the most preferred fields of education among Indians, but what is bad is the lack of colleges, actual seats and the gigantic amount of medical fees in various Indian private medical colleges. It is a war for scoring a seat in reputed medical universities, and you will not believe it, but around a lakh students lose that battle in the end.
But what if we say that you can still complete your dream of being a doctor in a place that provides quality education at an affordable price? Yes, we are talking about MBBS in Bangladesh, and yes, we know that you might have a lot of questions like Is MBBS in Bangladesh good, or what after MBBS in Bangladesh? To name a few. Hold on to your gear as we will talk about that and all other things that will aid you in completing your dream of being a doctor.
Bangladesh is a country in South Asia. Bangladesh is the 92nd-largest sovereign state globally and is among the most densely populated countries in the world. It shares borders with India and Myanmar.
|Area||147,570 km2(56,980 sq mi)|
Other largest cities: Chittagong, Khulna, Sylhet, Rajshahi, etc.
Other Languages: Hindi, Assamese, Oraon Sadri, and Bihari
|Climate||Cool continental climate and Maximum temperatures in July(about 18 °C)|
|Literacy Rate||75.4% (Estimated)|
|Time Zone||UTC+6 (BST)|
|Religion||Islam (Official), Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity etc.|
Bangladesh has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you, too, want to study MBBS in Bangladesh, check the eligibility below.
|Age||You are at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
Read also: Direct Admission in MBBS in Bangladesh
If you want to be Admission to Bangladesh, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). One must remember that you only have to be eligible for the exam. Here are the valuable resources for NEET Exam that will help you boost your preparation for the NEET exam.
Before admission to Medical Colleges in Bangladesh, please do not forget to carry all these related documents. Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Bangladesh.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Bangladesh Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
Recognition of Bangladesh Medical College
Checking the affiliation, recognition and other affiliating parameters are the most important factors that decide good and the best medical college. Medical colleges in Bangladesh are affiliated with these authorities.
- Ministry of Education, Bangladesh.
- NMC (National Medical Commission)
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education)
- FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research)
MBBS Colleges in Bangladesh
Below is the updated list of 2023-24 of all Medical or MBBS Colleges in Bangladesh officially made by India’s Medical Council.
|S.No.||Name of the Universities|
|1||University of Dhaka|
|3||University of Chittagong|
|4||Shahjalal University of Science & Technology|
|5||Bangladesh University of Professionals|
|6||Gono Bishwabiddyalay (Gono University)|
Top Bangladesh Medical Colleges with Fee Structure
This section provides information about MBBS in the Bangladesh Fees Structure of the MBBS program. Let’s have a look.
|Name of the Universities||College Fee||Hostel Fee||Total|
|University of Dhaka||Rs. 31,50,000||Rs. 6,04,800||Rs. 37,54,800|
|Rajshahi University||Rs. 30,17,000||Rs. 5,04,000||Rs. 35,21,000|
|University of Chittagong||Rs. 25,20,000||Rs. 6,04,800||Rs. 31,24,800|
|Shahjalal University of Science & Technology||Rs. 26,60,000||Rs. 6,55,200||Rs. 33,15,200|
|Bangladesh University of Professionals||Rs. 30,17,000||Rs. 5,04,000||Rs. 35,21,000|
|University of Science and Technology, Chittagong||Rs. 25,20,000||Rs. 6,55,200||Rs. 31,75,200|
|Gono Bishwabiddyalay (Gono University)||Rs. 22,40,000||Rs. 5,60,000||Rs. 28,00,000|
Advantages and Disadvantages of Study MBBS in Bangladesh
Do you know education in Bangladesh is overseen by Bangladesh’s Ministry of Education? Hundreds of colleges are affiliated with larger universities, such as the University of Dhaka and Rajshahi. Medical education is provided by several medical colleges and an institute of postgraduate medicine in Dhaka. Each college or institute has a full-fledged hospital attached to it. There are advantages & disadvantages to studying in Bangladesh, here are just a few:
Advantages of Study MBBS in Bangladesh
- The MBBS degree is recognized by the WHO and UNESCO and accepted worldwide.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted to those recognized by the medical council of India for screening tests conducted by NMC.
- No donation is required to be given to get MBBS admission in Bangladesh.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practice due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Students studying in Bangladesh get the opportunity to complete their internship program at world-class medical colleges and hospitals in the world.
- The tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in Bangladesh provide great academics as well as sports.
- The MBBS degree students get from Bangladesh medical colleges is globally renowned and holds great worth.
Disadvantages of Study MBBS in Bangladesh
- The Recognition of universities is also a major issue. Apart from NMC recognition, Candidates need to be careful that it has the approval of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Dhaka, and The Medical and Dental Council of Bangladesh, Dhaka.
- As Bengali is the local language in Bangladesh, students might feel the language barrier (outside the university campus).
- The Private Medical Colleges in Bangladesh do not give admission to students with more than 2 years gap after the 12th.
- Indian students will need to get a ‘No objection Certificate from NMC.
Graphical Representation pros. & cons. of MBBS in Bangladesh
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Which country is best for MBBS abroad?
A. Bangladesh, Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Germany and the Philippines are supposed to be the top 5 destinations to study MBBS abroad.
Q. Is MBBS abroad a good option?
A. Yes, MBBS abroad is a good option for Indian students. It provides a chance to learn from some of the best professors globally, along with providing exposure to different people. Also, MBBS abroad gives you the flexibility to practice in India or any foreign country.
Q. What are the fees for MBBS abroad?
A. It can cost you around 20-30 lakh minimum. However, in some countries, the amount can go up to 50 to 60 lakhs.
Q. Is MBBS good in Bangladesh?
A. Bangladesh is known for providing quality education at a low cost. Its excellence in teaching and research makes it a popular destination for MBBS.
Q. How much does MBBS cost in Bangladesh?
A. It might cost you somewhere around 20-25 lakh.
Q. What is MBBS called in Bangladesh?
A. MBBS is Known as “MBBS in Bangladesh”, It is the same thing, just the difference in nomenclature.
Q. How many years is MBBS been in Bangladesh?
A. The duration of MBBS in Bangladesh is of 5 years.
Q. Is Bangladesh Good for medical studies?
A. Bangladesh is well-known for providing world-class education at a very considerable cost.
Q. Is NEET required for MBBS in Bangladesh in 2023?
A. Yes, NEET is required for MBBS in Bangladesh.
Q. Why is MBBS cheap in Bangladesh?
A. The cost of pursuing MBBS in Bangladesh is low because the Bangladesh government provides subsidies for education.
Q. Which country is best for MBBS, China or Bangladesh?
A. Bangladesh is better for MBBS abroad than China for certain reasons: Method of education, Language, NMC clearing rate, Observership program, and Education fees.
Q. Which is the cheapest country for Indian students to study abroad?
A. Norway, Bangladesh, Germany, Poland, Switzerland, Belgium and Denmark are a few of the cheapest countries for Indian students to study abroad.
Q. Can poor Indian students study abroad?
A. Of course, there is no rich and poor when it comes to education; it is all about knowledge. Several scholarships are open to students, and the government of India also provides a scholarship option for academically smart students.
Q. Which country has the lowest fees for MBBS?
A. Bangladesh, Nepal, Bangladesh, Poland, China and Russia are a few countries that provide low-cost MBBS education.