List of Dental Colleges in Daman & Diu: Daman and Diu is a union territory in Western India. The UT comprises two distinct regions, Daman and Diu, geographically separated by the Gulf of Khambhat. For ages, the people of Daman have to travel to its neighbouring state of Gujarat for higher studies. Still, the development works are going in full swing, and the UT has witnessed several professional colleges of higher studies. In Daman, the most popular schools are the Institute of Our Lady of Fátima located in Moti Daman and the Coat Guard Public School in Nani Daman.
Recently a new Dental College named Vaidik Dental College and Research Centre has been set up to provide the best dental courses in Daman and Diu. Throughout the article, you will get to know about Best Dental Colleges in Daman and Diu.
Table of Contents
- Daman & Diu NEET 2022 Summary
- Private Dental Colleges in Daman and Diu
- NEET 2022 Cutoff
- Daman & Diu NEET 2022 Counselling
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Before we speak about top BDS Colleges in Daman & Diu, Let us first have some of the major highlights of the course as follows.
|Course Level||Undergraduate (UG)||Postgraduate (PG)|
|Duration||4 Years||3 Years|
|Examination Type||Semester System||Year S|
|Eligibility||10+2 with PCB as main subjects||BDS from a recognized University|
Daman & Diu NEET 2022 Summary
|Admission Process||For UG Courses: NEET UG|
For PG Courses: NEET MDS
|Conducting Authority||Directorate of Medical and Health Services Daman|
|Counselling Process||For UG Courses: Daman & Diu NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Daman & DIU NEET MDS Counselling
Private Dental Colleges in Daman and Diu
Here is the updated list of all Dental Colleges in Daman & Diu officially made by the Dental Council of India. To know the detailed information about Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cutoff list, Facilities available and complete college review, click on the college link.
|S. No.||Name of Colleges||Establishment Year||Affiliated with||Fee Structure|
|1||Vaidik Dental College and Research Centre||2009-10||Gujarat University||BDS: 37,400/-|
NEET 2022 Cutoff
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET 2022) had been conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). NEET exam is the only gateway for admissions into different medical & dental UG courses offered by various government and private medical colleges. Candidate can submit their NEET Form only through online mode.
- Aspirants must obtain minimum qualifying marks in the NEET 2022 entrance examination to qualify for further admission.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC must obtain marks equivalent to at least the 40th percentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling processes.
- Aspirants in the UR category must score equivalent to at least the 50th percentile.
NEET UG Cutoff 2022 (Announced)
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks||Number of Candidates|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||160|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||56|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||13|
NEET UG Cutoff 2021
|Category||NEET 2021 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks||Number of Candidates|
|UR/EWS||50th percentile||720 – 138||770881|
|OBC||40th Percentile||137 – 108||66907|
|SC||40th Percentile||137 – 108||22384|
|ST||40th Percentile||137 – 108||9310|
|UR / EWS &|
|45th Percentile||137 – 122||132|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||137 – 108||288|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||136 – 108||98|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||135 – 108||21|
Daman & Diu NEET 2022 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Directorate Medical & Health Service, Daman & Diu to register themselves for NEET 2022 Daman & Diu State counselling. For more information on Daman & Diu NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
Daman & Diu NEET Counselling 2022 Application Procedure
This section provides detailed information about Daman & Diu MBBS/BDS Counselling 2022 Application Procedure; candidates are advised to check the complete procedure before applying the form.
Candidates seeking admission to the MBBS Course during the academic year 2022-23 are required to apply in the prescribed form online, which will be available on the website of the department/college and upload the necessary documents on or before the last date specified for receiving applications. As per eligibility criteria and marks obtained in NEET, shortlisted candidates will be called for physical verification of original certificates on prescribed dates.
- Applicant must upload self-attested copies of the following documents as per applicability.
a. Statement of marks of SSC.
b. Passing certificate specifying the Date of Birth.
c. Statement of marks of HSCE.
d. School Leaving Certificate of the last school attended.
e. Statement of NEET mark sheet.
f. If the candidate is claiming seats reserved for UT of Dadra and Nagar Haveli & Daman, and Diu, they must produce:
- Domicile Certificate of Parents/Guardians (in case father and mother are not alive) issued by the competent authority of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, as the case may be.
- Certificate showing that the applicant has continuously studied from Class 9th to 12th in any recognized school located in the territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, as the case may be, issued by the Principal/Head Master of the respective school.
- Caste Certificate for SC/ST/OBC in prescribed format from the competent authority of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, as the case may be.
- Non-Creamy Layer certificate in case of applicant belonging to OBC issued by the competent authority, of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, as the case will be soon in 2022.
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) certificate issued by the competent authority after will be soon in 2022, of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, as the case may be, for candidates applying under the EWS category.
- Dependent Certificate issued by the competent authority of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, as the case may be, in case of those claiming guardianship of the applicant.
- Disability Certificate from Disability Assessment Board of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, as the case may be, in case of differently-abled candidates.
- The certificate for SC/ST/OBC/EWS or any caste-related certificate should be obtained from the competent authority of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu. The caste certificate of the applicant shall be as per the relevant Notification issued by the UT Administration of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu and shall be in the prescribed format.
- Any changes in admission criteria or any other aspect by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India or National Medical Commission or the affiliating University shall adhere to the applicant’s admission will be confirmed only after acceptance of enrollment by the affiliating University.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many government and private colleges are approved by Detective Chief Inspector (DCI) in Daman & Diu?
A. There are not any government or 1 private Dental college approved by DCI in Daman & Diu.
Q. What is the total no. of seats offered for Government Dental Colleges in Daman & Diu?
A. There are no seats available in the Government Dental Colleges of Daman & Diu.
Q. What is the total no. of seats offered for Private Colleges in Daman & Diu?
A. There are 100 seats available in the Private Colleges of Daman & Diu.
Q. Is there any Dental colleges available in any of the nearby states?
A. There are many Dental colleges in the nearby states; one of them is Delhi, Chandigarh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands.