MBBS in Nepal for Indian Students: Do you want to study MBBS Abroad but don’t want to travel over seven oceans? MBBS in Nepal is then what you should aim for. It is the ideal location for providing quality and reasonably priced medical education for Indian students seeking to study MBBS in Nepal because it has earned a place among the world’s top medical institutes.
The fact that Nepal’s MBBS Colleges have accreditation from some of the world’s top organisations, like WHO, UNESCO, and NMC, is proof that they are among the best medical universities. So if young aspirants desire to study MBBS in Nepal in 2023–24, please do so.
Table of Contents
- About Nepal
- Why Study MBBS in Nepal?
- Eligibility Criteria
- Admission Procedure
- Documents Required
- MBBS Syllabus in Nepal
- MBBS in Nepal Fee Structure
- Top 5 MBBS Colleges in Nepal
- Pros & Cons
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
It is essential to learn about the country before opting for further education. As many people would know, Nepal is a country in Asia, extending along the southern slopes of the Himalayan mountain ranges. Nepal is wedged between two giants, Indian and China, and is situated between India to the east, south and west and the Tibet autonomous region of China to the north.
|Area||147,516 km2 (56,956 sq mi)|
|Climate||Warm, Dry summers & Fairly Severe Winters|
|Literacy Rate||63.9 Percent (males 76.4% & females 53.1%)|
|Time Zone||UTC+05:45 (Nepal Standard Time)|
|Currency||Nepalese rupee (NPR)|
|Religion||81.3% Hinduism, 9% of Buddhism, 4.4% Muslim, 3.1% Kirat, 1.4% of Christianity|
Recognition of Nepal Medical College
Checking the affiliation, recognition and other affiliating parameters are the most critical factors that decide good and the best medical college. Nepal MBBS Colleges are affiliated with these authorities.
- Ministry of Education, Nepal.
- NMC (National Medical Commission)
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education)
- FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research)
Why Study MBBS in Nepal?
It is often the keen aim of every student to apply for admission to higher studies at a reputable university for medical education. In Nepal’s medical universities, many students are now pursuing MBBS degrees. For various reasons, Nepal’s medical universities dominate the list of student preferences. The primary factors that motivate Indian students to pursue MBBS in Nepal are the high-quality education provided; numerous diagnostics applied to learning; the chance to be innovative; or, more importantly, the disciplined faculty just as an ideal environment.
- The cost is one of the key benefits of studying MBBS in Nepal for Indian students. You will discover that the education cost is lower compared to some of India’s private medical schools.
- There are many top universities in Nepal that NMC and international organisations like the WHO recognise.
- English is the primary language of instruction in Nepal’s medical colleges. As a result, it won’t be difficult for Indian students to enrol on Nepal’s medical education.
- Nepal’s medical education quality is high, and this country’s universities have a strong academic basis.
Nepal has become one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue medical degree courses. If you, too, want to study MBBS in Nepal, check the eligibility criteria for MBBS in Nepal below.
|Age||Your age should be at least 17 on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
Graphical Representation of Eligibility Criteria
To be admitted to Nepal medical college, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). One must keep in mind that you only have to qualify for the exam. Here are the valuable resources for NEET Exam that will help you boost preparing for the NEET exam.
Before admission to medical colleges in Nepal, do not forget to carry all these related documents with you.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- Class 10th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Class 12th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- Ten passport size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Nepal.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Nepal Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
MBBS Syllabus in Nepal
Before going to Nepal for medical studies, please compare the MBBS syllabus of some of the top-ranked, NMC-approved Nepal MBBS Colleges.
|Pre-clinical||1 – 2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Bio-chemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3 – 5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine,|
Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology,
Clinical postings inwards
MBBS in Nepal Fee Structure
The National Medical Council of India has officially created the updated list of all medical or MBBS colleges in Nepal for the academic year 2022–2023 (September Intake). Click the college link for complete information on the fee structure, courses offered, admissions process, placement statistics, cut-off, facilities offered, and college reviews.
|Universities Name||College Fee||Hostel Fee|
|KIST Medical College||Rs. 42,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|Institute of Medicine, Kathmandu||Rs. 38,50,000||RS. 6,60,000|
|B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences||Rs. 48,00,000||Rs. 6,60,000|
|Kathmandu University||Rs. 55,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|Patan Academy of Health Sciences||Rs. 30,00,000||Rs. 6,60,000|
|Manipal Medical College||Rs. 50,00,000||Rs. 6,60,000|
|Nepalgunj Medical College||Rs. 60,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|College of Medical Sciences Bharatpur||Rs. 58,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|Nobel Medical College||Rs. 56,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|Nepal Medical College||Rs. 52,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|Lumbini Medical College||Rs. 53,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|Universal College of Medical Sciences Bhairahawa||Rs. 42,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|Birat Medical College||Rs. 53,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|Devdaha Medical College And Research Institute||Rs. 52,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|Chitwan Medical College||Rs. 52,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|National Medical College||Rs. 62,50,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|Gandaki Medical College||Rs. 50,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|Janaki Medical College||Rs. 46,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
MBBS in Nepal Fee Structure ( Graphical Representation)
Top 5 MBBS Colleges in Nepal
The updated list of 2022-23 of all Medical or MBBS Colleges in Nepal is officially made by the NMC.
|College Name||Course Offered|
|Institute of Medicine, Kathmandu||MBBS ( 5 Years + 1 Year Internship)|
|B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences||MBBS ( 5 Years + 1 Year Internship)|
|Kathmandu University||MBBS ( 5 Years + 1 Year Internship)|
|Patan Academy of Health Sciences||MBBS ( 5 Years + 1 Year Internship)|
|Manipal Medical College||MBBS ( 5 Years + 1 Year Internship)|
|College of Medical Sciences||MBBS ( 5 Years + 1 Year Internship)|
Future Career Opportunity After MBBS in Nepal
- Students can do post-graduation after completing MBBS if they clear their respective county’s medical licence examination.
- Complete assistance for the preparation of USMLE is available in colleges.
- Clinical rotation programs are conducted in any country.
- Indian students can return to India after passing the NEXT exam.
Pros & Cons
Do you know that the Ministry of Education in Nepal is in charge of education policy? However, all colleges and universities are publicly run and subsidised by taxpayers’ money. Nepal is the eleventh most common country of origin for foreign students in the USA. MBBS in Nepal is worth it or not? And what are the benefits of studying MBBS in Nepal or the drawbacks? Here are just a few of the many benefits and drawbacks of studying in Nepal:
Advantages of Studying in Nepal
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted to institutions recognized by the medical council of India for screening tests conducted by NMC.
- The tuition fee is relatively low and affordable.
- The cost of living for students is relatively low too.
- Nepal MBBS courses follow the mode of the English language as it is one of the most spoken languages in the world.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
Disadvantages of Studying in Nepal
- As Nepal is the local language in Nepali, students might feel the tongue is a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra effort into learning the Nepali Language after the class hour.
- The climate of the country is cold most of the time. Therefore, it might be hard for students to adapt.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties because it requires self-study and concentration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Is MBBS abroad a good option?
A. Yes, MBBS abroad is a good option for Indian students. It provides a chance to learn from some of the best professors globally and exposure to different people. Also, MBBS abroad gives you the flexibility to practice in India or any foreign country.
Q. What are the fees for MBBS abroad?
A. It can cost you around 20-25 lakh minimum. However, in some countries, the amount can go up to 30 to 35 lakhs.
Q. Is MBBS good in Nepal?
A. Nepal is well known among Indian medical students for providing quality training, a top-notch medical framework, and practice-based learning at the most reasonable cost.
Q. How much does MBBS cost in Nepal?
A. It might cost you somewhere around 20-25 lakh.
Q. Why is MBBS cheap (Low Budget) in Nepal?
A. Nepal has the most reliable quality education, and the expense of medical training in Nepal is low. Nepal has numerous government-funded medical colleges, and bodies like NMC and WHO perceive many medical colleges.
Q. What is the admission procedure for MBBS in Nepal?
A. Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with PCB and English. The student must have passed with an aggregate of 50% marks and 50% marks. Candidates must have completed 17 years, and students must have qualified for the NEET entrance exam.
Q. Can an Indian student get an education loan?
A. Yes, Indian students get an education loan; students can get a loan of up to INR 20 Lakh. After six months (if you get a job) of completing the course, you must start your loan repayment.
Q. Can I study MBBS in Nepal without NEET?
A. The qualification exam for the Neet is difficult and competitive. However, certain colleges in Nepal also provide an MBBS degree without the NEET.