Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital Chennai is one of the oldest medical institutes founded in 2003 in Chennai, Tamilnadu. It is popularly known as SBMCH Chennai, which aims to provide quality education and excellent infrastructure. Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai is one of the leading Deemed Medical colleges in Tamil Nadu.
Hey Students, if you like to pursue MBBS from Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai (SBMCH Chennai), you should have detailed information regarding its Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Table of Contents
- Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital Chennai
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Fee Structure
- NEET PG 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
- Tamil Nadu NEET 2022 Counselling
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital Chennai
The College is affiliated with Bharath Institute of Higher Education & Research (Deemed Univ.), Chennai and recognised by the NMC. It is one of the best Deemed MBBS College in Tamil Nadu.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of SBMCH Chennai. For admission, interested students can visit the Sree Balaji Medical College Official Website to get more information and Sree Balaji Medical College Application Form 2022, which is provided there.
|Name of Institute||Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital Chennai|
|Popular Name||Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai, SBMCH Chennai|
|Year of Establishment||2003|
|Affiliated||Bharath Institute of Higher Education & Research (Deemed Univ.), Chennai|
|Hostel Facility||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
Affiliated with:- Bharath University (Deemed) Chennai
Approved by:- NMC
Aid Status:– Deemed
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
These are the Sree Balaji Medical College Facilities provided to the students who are already studying at Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai:
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||–|
Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure.
Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai provides quality education and offers the following Undergraduate course.
|MBBS||4.5 + 1 year Internship|
Students interested in taking admission at Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai should be informed about the number of seats the college offers for the UG Course. Therefore, Sree Balaji Medical College MBBS Seats is 250.
SBM Chennai provides quality education and offers the following Post – Graduate courses.
|MD – General Medicine||3 Years|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||3 Years|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||3 Years|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||3 Years|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||3 Years|
|MS – Orthopaedics||3 Years|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3 Years|
|MD – Microbiology||3 Years|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||3 Years|
|MD – Pharmacology||3 Years|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 Years|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||3 Years|
|MD – Pathology||3 Years|
|MD – Physiology||3 Years|
|MS – General Surgery||3 Years|
|MS – ENT||3 Years|
|MD – Paediatrics||3 Years|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||3 Years|
|MD – Psychiatry||3 Years|
MD/MS Intake Capacity
Here is the of all Sree Balaji Medical College Seats provided by the college for PG (MD/MS) Courses:-
|MD – General Medicine||20||MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||6|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||15||MD/MS – Ophthalmology||2|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||7||MS – Orthopaedics||15|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||10||MD – Microbiology||3|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||3||MD – Pharmacology||3|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||15||MD/MS – Anatomy||2|
|MD – Pathology||10||MD – Physiology||4|
|MS – General Surgery||21||MS – ENT||3|
|MD – Paediatrics||12||MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||8|
|MD – Psychiatry||2|
Here in this selection, we will let you about S.R.M. Medical College Hospital and Research Centre Kancheepuram MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medic Madras Medical College, Chennai, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, O.P.D.s to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
Coimbatore Medical College is responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty S.R.M. Medical College Hospital and Research Centre Kancheepuram. It also offers sufficient non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below is the Admission procedure for the required courses under Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai. The candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
|Admission Process||For UG Courses: NEET UG |
For PG Courses: NEET PG
|Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2022||For UG Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET PG Counselling
Here we describe the Fee structure of Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai for Under – Graduate and Post – Graduate courses.
Here, we have mentioned Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai fees for the students who are under-graduate courses from the particular college:-
|Particulars||Fees per year|
|NRI Tuition Fee||60,000/- USD $|
|University Reg. Fee||5,000/-|
|College Caution Deposit||50,000/-|
|Hostel Fee||75,000/- per year|
|Hostel Caution Deposit (refundable)||50,000/-|
|Mess Fee at dividing system||3,500/- to 4,000/- Per month.|
Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai PG Fee Structure
Below mentioned is the data regarding Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai fees for MD/MS Courses:-
The Sree Balaji Medical College Cut Off is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40th percentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50th percentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
NOTE: Sree Balaji Medical College Cut Off for the 2022-23 session will be Updated Soon.
NEET PG 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
|Categories||NEET PG 2022 minimum qualifying or eligibility criteria||NEET PG 2022 Cutoff score (out of 800)|
|General / EWS||50th||275|
|SC / ST/ OBC|
(including PWD of SC/ST/OBC)
NEET PG Cutoff 2021
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
|Category||Cutoff percentile||Cutoff marks|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||302|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||283|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||265|
Tamil Nadu NEET 2022 Counselling
A candidate can visit the Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of Tamil Nadu, To get themselves for NEET 2022 Tamil Nadu State Counselling. For more information on Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
First Phase of TN MBBS & BDS Counselling Procedure:
- The candidates should pay a non-refundable amount of Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only) towards the Processing Fee by means of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10” payable at Chennai on the scheduled date of counselling.
- The candidates can download the call letter and appear in person with all the original certificates to the venue per the schedule.
- The candidates who have selected the seats in the first phase of counselling after certificate verification should receive the provisional allotment order. The candidates should join the course on or before the date mentioned in the temporary allotment order.
- The candidates who have been allotted seats and failed to join the course within the stipulated time are not eligible to attend the subsequent phases of counselling for the academic year 2022-2023. This applies to all stages of counselling
- The candidates who failed to appear in person for the first phase of counselling are deemed to have opted out of the counselling processes and will not be allowed to participate in the subsequent counselling steps for the academic year 2022 or 2023.
Second Phase of Tamil Nadu MBBS & BDS Counselling Procedure:
When a candidate is scheduled to attend the second phase of counselling, then the candidate has to pay the processing fee of Rs.500/-. The candidates who are waitlisted/allotted need not pay the processing fee. The candidates who wish to retain the college taken in the first phase of counselling need not participate in second or mop-up round counselling.
- The candidates can download the call letter and attend the counselling.
- Re-allotment / allotment for the vacancies arising due to not joining the candidates allotted under State Quota and the unfilled seats from the All India Quota in Government Medical Colleges and newly created seats, if any will be done based on the rank following the rule of reservation.
- During the second phase of counselling, candidates will be permitted to opt for the course/college as per rank and by following the rule of reservation from General rank one.
- The candidates who failed to appear in person for the second phase of counselling are deemed to have opted out of the processes of counselling and/she will not be allowed to participate in the subsequent phases of counselling for the academic year 2022-2023.
- The candidates who have selected the seats in the second phase of counselling after certificate verification should receive the provisional allotment order. The candidates should join the course on or before the date mentioned in the provisional allotment order.
- If a candidate fails to join the College within the stipulated time, they will not be permitted to participate in the subsequent phases of counselling.
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat at this College will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
For UG Candidates
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
In this section, we are providing detailed information regarding Sree Balaji Medical College Ranking & its Reputation all across the state of Tamil Nadu, as well as for India:-
|Name of Institute||Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai|
Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital
Address: #7, Works Road, Chromepet Chennai
Tamil Nadu, India
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for medical science aspirants in Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital?
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants at Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital is 250
Q. What are the courses offered in this College?
Ans. The Course offered in this College is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
Q. Does Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, this College does provide a hostel facility for both males and females.
Q. Do Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital provide internships?
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your Course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend during this period.
Q. How many seats are there for medical science aspirants in Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital?
Ans. Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital 7, Works Road, Chromepet Chennai
Tamil Nadu, India
Q. How Many marks need in NEET 2022 for SBMCH Chennai?
Looking to this year’s completion and cutoff analysis, anything around 450+ will help you get Pvt Medical College in the state.
Q. Why do Tuition Fees of SBMCH Chennai so much?
The fees of government medical colleges are the lowest compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fee structure of SBMCH Chennai, then the average prices include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine at SBMCH Chennai.
Q. Is Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai is Deemed College or not?
Yes, Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai is a Deemed Medical College in Tamil Nadu.