University of Sri Jayewardenepura or Jayewardenepura University is a public university in Sri Lanka. It was formed in 1958 out of the Vidyodaya Pirivena, a Buddhist educational centre founded in 1873 by Ven. Hikkaduwe Sri Sumangala Thera. The University has seven main faculties, i.e. Applied Sciences, Engineering, Graduate Studies, Humanities and Social Sciences, Management Studies and Commerce, Medical Sciences, and Technology.
Table of Contents
- College Summary
- Courses Offered
- Eligibility Criteria
- Fee Structure
- Country Summary
- Frequently Asked Questions
|Name of Institute||University of Sri Jayewardenepura|
|Year of Establishment||1958|
|Location||Nugegoda, Sri Lanka|
|Language of Teaching||English/ Tamil|
|Registered with||University Grants Commission of Sri Lanka|
|Approved||National Medical Commission (NMC), World Health Organization (WHO)|
|University of Sri Jayewardenepura Ranking||World Rank: 2783|
National Rank: 4
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||Call Now > +91-9999709233|
|University of Sri Jayewardenepura Official Website||https://www.sjp.ac.lk/|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Sri Lanka|
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery||6 Years|
Sri Lanka has been one of the preferred destinations for Indian students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you want to study MBBS at the University of Sri Jayewardenepura, check the eligibility below.
|Age||It would be best to be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have cleared 10+2 with 50% marks from the Science stream (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) in CBSE/ISC or any other Equivalent Board of Examination.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||Unreserved: 50%|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Duration of Course||5 – 6 Years (Dependent on University)|
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery||5,000 USD/ Year|
|Language||Official Languages: Sinhala/Tamil|
|Climate||tropical, and quite hot|
|Time Zone||(GMT+5:30) India Standard Time|
|Currency||Sri Lankan rupee|
|Religion||Buddhism 70.2%; then, Hindus 12.6%; Muslims 9.7% and Christians 7.4%|
About Nugegoda City
- Nugegoda is a large, densely populated suburb of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- It is located on the border of Sri Jayawardenapura Municipal Council limits and Dehiwela Mt. Lavinia Municipal Council limits, just outside Colombo City limits.
- Nugegoda is a highly populated suburb of Colombo located to the southwest of the Sri Lanka capital. Its population exceeds 250,000 people.
- Nugegoda has warm temperatures year-round, ranging between 30°C (86°F) and 32°C (89°F).
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Where is the University of Sri Jayewardenepura located?
A. University of Sri Jayewardenepura’s address is Gangodawila, Nugegoda, Sri Lanka
Q. What is the MBBS Duration at the University of Sri Jayewardenepura?
A. MBBS Duration at the University of Jayewardenepura is 6 Years.
Q. What is the world ranking of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura?
A. The World Ranking of the University of Jayewardenepura 2783(Sources: cwur.org)
- National Medical Commission (NMC) Official website
- World Health Organization (WHO), Official website
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_dollar, USD Wikipedia