List of Medical Colleges in Meghalaya: “Meghalaya” popularly known as “The Adobe of Cloud” is one of the seven states of Northeast India. The State is famous for its wonderful mountain range and beautiful picnic spots spread all across the state. Due to its scenic beauty blended with the wonderful culture, the state is also coined the “Scotland of the East”.
Besides its Famous Tourist spots and Historical Background, Meghalaya is also home to some famous institutes like the National Institute of Technology, Shillong, and North-Eastern Hill University. The state has one Medical College and other professional Institutes.
Table of Contents
- Meghalaya NEET 2022 Summary
- Best Medical Colleges in Meghalaya
- Government Medical Colleges in Meghalaya
- Private Medical Colleges in Meghalaya
- Meghalaya NEET 2022 Counselling
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Meghalaya NEET 2022 Summary
Every year lakhs of aspirants apply for NEET and other Medical Entrance Examination to get selected in some of the Top Medical Colleges in Meghalaya. If you too want to pursue MBBS, then this article is for you only.
|Admission Process||For UG Courses: NEET UG |
For PG Courses: NEET PG
|Conducting Authority||Department of Health & Family Welfare Government of Meghalaya|
|Counselling Process||For UG Courses: Meghalaya NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Meghalaya NEET PG Counselling
Best Medical Colleges in Meghalaya
Here in this article, we are providing an updated list of Medical colleges in Meghalaya. To view the MBBS colleges in Meghalaya click on the link of that College & you can get detailed info about Fees Structure, Courses offered, Admission Process & Complete Colleges Review. Enjoy Reading.!!
Government Medical Colleges in Meghalaya
Here is the updated Best Government Medical Colleges in Meghalaya officially made by the NMC. To know the detailed info about Government Colleges Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college List here, click the college link.
|S.No.||Name of Colleges||Establishment Year||Affiliated with|
|1||North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Instt. of Health and Medical Sciences, Shillong||1987||North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong|
Private Medical Colleges in Meghalaya
Sorry, the state does not have any Private Medical colleges. Private institutions work hard on it. Hopefully, in the next coming future, there will be several Medical Colleges in Meghalaya. Aspirants who belong to Meghalaya state may get admission to any other state Medical college.
Meghalaya NEET 2022 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences portal to register for NEET-UG 2022 Meghalaya State Counselling. Below we have mentioned step by step process of counselling. For more information on NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
- Candidates will be allowed to participate in the counselling process as per the prepared merit list, and the list of the applicants called for counselling will be displayed on the official website.
- Applicants must be present at the counselling venue as per the notified date. During the counselling procedure, applicants must fill in and lock the choices/preferences of colleges.
- Seats will be allotted to the applicants based on the rank secured by the applicants and their preference choices.
- You must report to the allotted institution with a seat allotment letter before the last admission date.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota)
Candidates applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Meghalaya must register for NEET counselling 2022. Counselling of NEET 2022 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You must choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the online portal’s preferences.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidates’ choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the assigned seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): This is similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): This is similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seat orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many government and private colleges are approved by National Medical Commission (NMC) in Meghalaya?
A. There is only one Government College approved by NMC in Meghalaya.
Q. What is the total no. of seats offered for Government Colleges in the Meghalaya?
A. There is a total of 50 seats in between all the one Government Colleges of Meghalaya.
Q. What is the total no. of seats offered for Private Colleges in Meghalaya?
A. There are not any Private Colleges in Meghalaya.
Q. What is the average fee structure for Medical Colleges in Meghalaya?
A. The average fee structure for Medical Colleges in Meghalaya is INR 1- 6 lakh per annum.