Studying MBBS in Egypt provides Indian students with access to excellent universities. Many students worldwide, including Nepal, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Africa, Dubai, the UK, Nigeria, and India, are opting to pursue their MBBS studies in Egypt. The country is socially and economically developed. Every year, thousands of students choose MBBS in Egypt due to its affordability, high-quality education, professional teaching, and modern healthcare facilities. Egypt offers students the opportunity to fulfil their dream of becoming doctors under the guidance of international teachers and scholars.
The universities in Egypt are recognized by international organizations such as WHO, FAIMER, and NMC, making them authentic places to study MBBS in Abroad. This article will delve into various aspects of studying MBBS in Egypt, covering the academic environment, eligibility criteria, admission process, top MBBS colleges, and the advantages and disadvantages of pursuing an MBBS in Egypt.
Table of Contents
- Country summary
- MBBS in Egypt Quick Facts
- Recognition of Egypt Medical College
- Why Study MBBS in Egypt
- Study MBBS in Egypt Admission Procedure for Indian Students
- Study MBBS in Egypt Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required for MBBS in Egypt
- Study MBBS in Egypt Syllabus
- Best Medical Colleges in Egypt for Indian Students with Fee Structure
- MBBS In Egypt Vs MBBS In India
- Advantages of studying MBBS in Egypt for Indian Students
- Disadvantages of studying MBBS in Egypt for Indian Students
- Other MBBS Options For Pursuing MBBS Abroad:
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Egypt1, in northeastern Africa, borders Sudan, Libya, and Israel. It’s famous for the Nile River, the world’s largest, and the Pyramids of Giza. Egypt is a popular choice for medical education due to its rich history, stunning attractions, and a mix of Islamic and Christian communities. Students from around the world are drawn to Egypt for high-quality MBBS programs. Many international students aim to enroll in Egypt to pursue an MBBS degree.
|110,000,000 (Source: Wikipedia)
|1,010,408 km2 (390,121 sq mi) (Source: Wikipedia)
|Egypt experiences a dry and hot climate dominated by deserts. The winter season is generally mild, with some rainfall along coastal areas. The summer season, which lasts from May to September, is characterized by hot and dry weather.
|94.9% of Egyptians are Muslims, 5.1% are Christians, and less than 1% are Jewish, Buddhists, or other religions.
Read Also: Is it Good to do MBBS from Abroad?
MBBS in Egypt Quick Facts
Before providing the complete information about study MBBS in Egypt for Indian students, let’s look at some quick facts.
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
|5 + 2 Years (1 year general internship + 1 year specialization internship)
|50% in 10+2 (UR)
|Medium of Teaching
|16 Language including English
|NMC & WHO-accredited
|Minimum Course Fee (Approx.)
|5 Lakhs/ Year
|Maximum Course Fee (Approx.)
|8 Lakhs/ Year
|Cost of Living in Egypt
|NEET Qualified (Only)
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor
|Call Now > +91 88596 37232
Recognition of Egypt Medical College
Determining the affiliation, recognition, and other related parameters is crucial when selecting the best medical college for MBBS in Egypt. MBBS colleges in Egypt are aligned with these governing authorities.
- Ministry of Education, Egypt.
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education)
- FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research)
- NMC (National Medical Commission)2
- WHO (World Health Organization)3
Why Study MBBS in Egypt
Several factors can influence the decision to study MBBS in Egypt. Individual preferences, career goals, and personal situations play a significant role in pursuing medical education in a specific country. Here are some reasons why someone might choose to study MBBS in Egypt:
- Affordability: Many international students find studying MBBS in Egypt more affordable than many Western countries. The tuition fees and living expenses are potentially lower, making it a cost-effective choice for those seeking quality medical education.
- Quality of Education: Egypt is home to several esteemed medical schools with programs recognized by international medical organizations. Institutions such as Cairo University, Ain Shams University, and Alexandria University have a proven track record of providing high-quality medical education.
- English-Medium Programs: Many medical schools in Egypt offer programs in English specifically designed for international students who may not be proficient in Arabic. This approach ensures a smoother learning experience for students from diverse parts of the world.
- Cultural Experience: Pursuing an MBBS in Egypt provides a unique cultural experience. The country, celebrated for its ancient civilization, archaeological sites, and diverse cultural heritage, boasts a rich history. Living and studying in Egypt can allow students to explore this wealth of history and culture.
- International Recognition: Some medical schools in Egypt hold recognition from global medical organizations, and graduates may be eligible to take licensing exams in various countries, depending on the specific accreditation of the program.
- Clinical Exposure: MBBS in Egypt usually include practical training and clinical exposure. This approach allows students to gain hands-on experience in healthcare settings.
Study MBBS in Egypt Admission Procedure for Indian Students
To Study MBBS in Egypt, meeting the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET) eligibility criteria is necessary. It’s important to note that you only need to be eligible for the exam. Here are valuable resources for the NEET exam that will enhance your preparation.
Study MBBS in Egypt Eligibility Criteria
Study MBBS in Egypt has emerged as one of the top choices for Indian and international students seeking to pursue their MBBS abroad. For many medical students, a common question arises: What are the eligibility criteria for MBBS in Egypt? To address this query, let’s outline the eligibility criteria for MBBS in Egypt for Indian students. Let’s take a closer look.
|Your age should be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.
*No Upper Age Limit.
|Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.
|Minimum Qualifying (%)
|50% in 10+2 (UR)
|Medium of Teaching
|Duration of Course
|(5 + 1) year and (5 + 2) year optional
Documents Required for MBBS in Egypt
Please carry all these related documents before admission to Top MBBS Colleges in Egypt.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- Ten passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from Egypt.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi4.
- Legalization of all documents from the Egyptian Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of 1st Year Tuition fees (required for some Universities).
Study MBBS in Egypt Syllabus
Before embarking on medical studies in Egypt, comparing the MBBS syllabus of some of the top-ranked, NMC-approved medical universities is advisable. Here is a summary of the MBBS syllabus in Egypt:
|Basic Mechanisms Of Diseases, Immunology And Molecular Medicine, Cardiovascular System, Genetics, Haematology System, Respiratory System
|Epidemiology And Biostatistics, Gastro-Intestinal System And Nutrition, Musculoskeletal System, Nervous System, Urinary System, Reproductive System, Endocrine And Metabolism
|Medicine Posting, Obstetrics and gynaecology Posting, Surgery Posting, Paediatrics Posting, Primary Care Medicine Posting, Dermatology Posting, and Community Health Posting.
|Medicine Posting, Obstetrics And Gynaecology Posting, Surgery Posting, Paediatrics Posting, Orthopaedics Posting, Psychiatry Posting
Note: Surfaced Information is Subject to change.
Best Medical Colleges in Egypt for Indian Students with Fee Structure
Below is the updated list of 2024-25 NMC-approved best medical colleges in Egypt for Indian students. To get exact information regarding MBBS in Egypt fee structure, courses offered, admission procedure, placement stats, cut-off, and facilities available, and to read a comprehensive review of the best medical colleges for MBBS in Egypt, simply click on the college link or read more. The list will provide information on the top institutions offering MBBS in Egypt.
|Name of Colleges
|Tuition Fees (Per Year)
|Hostel Fees (Per Year)
|Ain Shams University Faculty of Medicine Egypt
|6,000- 7,500 USD $
|100-200 USD $
|Cairo University Faculty of Medicine
|6,000- 7,500 USD $
|100-200 USD $
|Alexandria University Faculty of Medicine
|6,000- 7,500 USD $
|100-200 USD $
MBBS In Egypt Vs MBBS In India
Let’s compare some key points between studying MBBS in Egypt and MBBS in India:
|MBBS In Egypt
|MBBS In India
|The MBBS in Egypt seat is not limited.
|The seats in India for studying MBBS are limited.
|MBBS In Egypt starting fees is 4.5 lakh/year
|MBBS In India Fees
Government College: INR 11,000 to INR 7.5 lakhs (complete course)
Private college: INR 20lakhs to INR 80 lakhs (entire course)
|MBBS In Egypt course duration is of 5 years + (1 year general internship + 1 year specialization internship)
|MBBS In India course duration is 5.5 years (4.5 years academics + 1 year Internship)
Advantages of studying MBBS in Egypt for Indian Students
Studying MBBS in Egypt offers numerous advantages for international students. Here are some key benefits:
- Cost-Effective Education: Studying MBBS in Egypt is often more cost-effective than in many Western countries. Lower tuition fees and living expenses make it an attractive option for students on a budget.
- English-Medium Programs: Study MBBS in Egypt is accessible for international students as many medical schools offer programs in English. This ensures effective communication and learning for students worldwide, especially those who may not be proficient in Arabic.
- Quality Education: Egypt has several esteemed medical schools that deliver quality education. Institutions such as Cairo University and Ain Shams University have a strong track record in medicine. Graduates from these programs may qualify for licensure in various countries.
- Eligibility for NEET Exam: To study MBBS in Egypt, one must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET), ensuring that students meet a specific academic standard.
- Modern Facilities: Egyptian medical schools feature state-of-the-art facilities, cutting-edge laboratories, and advanced technology to enrich medical education and research.
- Cultural and Historical Richness: Embarking study MBBS in Egypt provides a distinctive cultural experience, enabling students to explore historical sites and museums while immersing themselves in the country’s unique cultural heritage.
Disadvantages of studying MBBS in Egypt for Indian Students
Studying MBBS in Egypt comes with several advantages, but there are potential disadvantages that prospective students should consider:
- Language Barrier: While many medical schools offer programs in English, the primary language in Egypt is Arabic. Non-Arabic speakers might encounter difficulties in daily life beyond academic settings..
- Cultural Adjustment: Adapting to a new culture can pose challenges, impacting the well-being and academic experience of international students due to differences in daily life and social norms.
- Visa Regulations: International students may encounter challenges in meeting visa requirements and complying with regulations. Understanding and adhering to these requirements is crucial to avoid legal issues during their stay.
- Infrastructure and Resources: The infrastructure and resources in various medical schools in Egypt can differ. Some institutions may lack modern facilities, up-to-date equipment, or a revised curriculum, potentially impacting the overall quality of education.
Read Also: Best Country for Indian Students for MBBS abroad.
Other MBBS Options For Pursuing MBBS Abroad:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which is better, MBBS in Georgia or MBBS in Egypt?
Studying MBBS in Egypt provides access to globally ranked universities in medical education at a relatively lower cost compared to other countries. The nation emphasizes the best practical training within leading hospitals, offering students valuable real-time experience.
Is Egypt good for MBBS?
MBBS in Egypt provides some of the best MBBS courses with highly trained faculty and staff who have graduated from abroad. Additionally, the country offers a relatively good climate for studying MBBS in Egypt.
Is studying for an MBBS in Egypt valid in the USA?
The MBBS degree obtained in Egypt holds global recognition. The World Health Organization and the Medical Council of India have approved MBBS studies in Egypt. Graduates from Egyptian universities are eligible to take tests such as USMLE and PLAB, allowing them to pursue opportunities in the US and UK.
Is Egypt a good country to study medicine?
Egyptian medical universities are acknowledged for delivering high-quality medical education, with many consistently ranking among the top universities globally.